Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 3.14.22: AGA: $3.1bn Expected To Be Wagered On 2022 NCAA March Madness
- A new survey from the American Gaming Association (AGA) has discovered that 45 million American adults plan to wager $3.1bn on this year’s NCAA March Madness basketball tournament.
- Play USA, 3.11.22: 2022 NCAA Tournament Could Be First U.S. Sporting Event To Generate $3 Billion In Legal Wagering
- Legal wagering on the 2022 NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament could balloon to as much as $3 billion this year at regulated U.S. sportsbooks, according to projections from PlayUSA, a leading source for news analysis and research on the U.S. gaming industry.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.14.22: The Week In Sports Betting News: Waiting On An NJ Report
- Happy Monday, everyone. Mid-March means a bit of a slowdown for earnings calls but there is still plenty of sports betting news between legislatures and basketball.
- Sports Handle, 3.11.22: Get A Grip — The Week In Sports Betting: The Calvin Ridley Effect
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- SBC, 3.14.22: New York Sportsbooks Handle Total In February Surpasses $1.5bn
- New York managed to post the second-highest monthly total in US history in February of $1.5bn, despite wagering at its sportsbooks slowing down slightly during the month, according to PlayNY.
- Play NY, 3.13.22: NY Assembly One-House Budget Includes Online Operator Expansion, Minority Inclusion
- A bill amendment from New York Assemb. Gary Pretlow to add more online sports betting operators and include more minority-controlled businesses has been included in the State Assembly’s one-house budget.
- Play USA, 3.11.22: Detroit Mayor Credits Online Gaming With Helping City Through Pandemic
- Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan credited taxes from online gaming with helping the city offset losses from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- KCCI, 3.14.22: Iowans Hope To Cash In On March Madness As Sports Betting Hits Record Highs
- March Madness is officially underway, and Iowans will try and cash in on the tournament.
- Play IA: 3.11.22: Led By Super Bowl, Iowa’s February 2022 Betting Numbers Hit $216M
- Iowa’s 2022 Super Bowl bets matched 2021 game wagers nearly dollar-for-dollar. But Iowa sports betting customers clearly found other events of interest.
- Play IN, 3.11.22: $409 Million February Sets Indiana Up For March Madness Boom
- The Super Bowl helped Indiana rack up over $409 million worth of February sports betting wagers.