iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 3.16.22: FanDuel Launches Wyoming Sports Betting, Caesars Next?
- Wyoming sports betting will likely see an influx of live sportsbooks in the coming months.
- US Bets, 3.16.22: Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Booking The Madness Of March (DraftKings mentioned)
- Welcome to our weekly “Ask a Bookmaker” feature, which answers many of the common (and uncommon!) questions gamblers and enthusiasts have about how sportsbooks operate in the modern age of sports betting.
- Play NJ, 3.15.22: BetMGM, FanDuel Stepping Up Responsible Gambling Efforts In March
- March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month and some of the country’s largest operators are upping the ante for responsible gambling initiatives.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.15.22: FanDuel, Unibet Latest Approved Ontario Sports Betting Operators
- Ontario regulators continue a steady pace of adding to the list of approved operators for commercial sports betting launch.
- Sports Handle, 3.15.22: Bet365 Now Licensed In Ontario, Launching Bracket Challenge In Canada
- You can add another sportsbook to the growing list of operators to acquire iGaming licenses in the province of Ontario, as Bet365 appeared on the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario’s website as an approved operator Tuesday morning.
Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 3.15.22: PlayUSA: NCAA March Madness Wagering Could Triple Super Bowl LVI Wagering
- Wagering on this year’s NCAA March Madness could triple the nearly $1bn in wagers taken in on last month’s NFL Super Bowl LVI, according to PlayUSA.
- NBC CT, 3.15.22: Connecticut’s Sports Betting Heading Into A Big Weekend
- According to the American Gaming Association, 45 million people plan to bet $3.1 billion on the 2022 March Madness tournament. With sports betting now legal in Connecticut, a slice of that will be wagered here.
- IGB, 3.15.22: Delaware Igaming Revenue And Spending Up In February
- Player spending on igaming in Delaware increased 11.4% year-on-year in February, while revenue from the state also climbed 12.2%.
- SBC, 2.16.22: Delaware North Joins AGA’s Have A Game Plan. Responsible Gaming Campaign
- The American Gaming Association (AGA) has announced that hospitality and entertainment company, Delaware North, has joined its Have A Game Plan. Bet Responsibly campaign to promote responsible sports wagering.
- WDRB, 3.16.22: Kentucky House Committee Unanimously Approves Sports Betting Bill
- Kentucky is a step closer to legalizing sports betting.
- Play NV, 3.15.22: March Madness 2022 Could Become Biggest College Basketball Betting Event
- The first weekend of March Madness is one of the busiest weekends of the year in Las Vegas.
- Play VA, 3.15.22: Gambling Awareness Education Likely Coming To VA Public Schools
- Gambling awareness education is almost certainly coming to Virginia public schools.
- Online Poker Report, 3.15.22: Alabama Lottery, Online Sports Betting Bills Close To Senate Approval
- In November, Alabama voters may finally get a second chance to vote on whether they want a state lottery. Online sports betting legalization and retail casino expansion could make their way onto the ballot as well.
- Play TN, 3.15.22: Tennessee Sports Betting Slips Into Post-Football Lull In February
- Betting expectedly falls to lowest level since September, but March Madness brings busier days, according to PlayTenn analysts.
- Action Network, 3.15.22: Minnesota Sports Betting Hopes Still Alive Despite Opposition
- A bill that would legalize retail and online sports betting in Minnesota is headed to the Senate after narrowly clearing the House.
- Saturday Down South, 3.15.22: Louisiana Online Sports Betting Takes In More Than $211 Million In Bets
- Louisiana online sports betting’s first full month of operation was a success for the state.
- KOLD 13, 2.15.22: March Madness Sports Betting Through The Roof
- The American Gaming Association estimates that $3.1 billion will be wagered on March Madness in 2022. The Superbowl is estimated to be $1 billion.