iDEA Growth in the News:
- EveryMatrix, 3.17.21 – EveryMatrix Joins iDEA Growth To Bolster US Expansion
- EveryMatrix, leading turnkey, sports, and casino supplier, joins iDevelopment and Economic Association (iDEA) to strengthen its position in the United States market.
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 3.16.21 – Three More Virginia Sportsbooks Authorized For Launch
- Barstool Sportsbook, Golden Nugget Online and Bally’s received temporary permits to launch sports betting in Virginia.
- MI Bets, 3.16.21 – FanDuel Surges to The Front Of The Michigan Online Sportsbook Pack In First Full Month
- When Michigan first opened up its online sportsbooks and released the first 10 days’ worth of numbers last month, it appeared there were a Big Four of operators.
- PlayMichigan, 3.17.21 – Michigan Sports Betting Analysis: Barstool Down, PointsBet Up As Slowdown Nears
- Michiganders bet more on sports in February than any other state’s residents did in their first full month of online betting.
- iGB North America, 3.17.21 – William Hill Launches Problem Gambling Awareness Month RG Campaign
- Leading US operator William Hill has outlined plans for its responsible gaming campaign, which is set to run throughout Problem Gambling Awareness Month this March.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.17.21 – Opinion: So Where Exactly Is A Mobile Sports Bet Made?
- If a bettor is in her house and sitting down on her couch as she places a bet to an in-state sportsbook, where does that bet occur?
- Asbury Park Press, 3.16.21 – February Casino Revenue Dips In New Jersey Even With Big Super Bowl Bets
- Last month’s record-breaking Super Bowl did not lift the fortunes for Atlantic City’s casinos, as they posted declines from the same time just before the COVID-19 pandemic hit New Jersey, according to state figures released Tuesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.16.21 – How A Dip In New Jersey Sports Betting Handle Hides A Positive Trend
- The NFL season ended in February, which meant the end of a pretty hot run for New Jersey sports betting operators.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.16.21 – PA Sportsbook Miss NFL Betting As Handle Drops $100 Million In February
- Pennsylvania sports betting handle took a step last month, falling from a record $615 million in January to $510 million in February.
- PlayPennsylvania, 3.16.21 – PA Sports Betting Handle Jumps 55% Year Over Year In February Thanks To Record Super Bowl
- If someone told Pennsylvania sportsbooks a year ago they’d bring in over half a million in handle in Feb. 2021, there would be cause for celebration. Incidentally, it’s only Pennylvania’s fourth-best month ever for handle.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.17.21 – What’s Next In Mobile NY Sports Betting Negotiation Between Cuomo, Legislators?
- Two of the biggest proponents for mobile NY sports betting will officially be at the negotiating table with the governor.
- PlayNY, 3.16.21 – Pretlow Expects Legislative Online Betting Plan To Beat Out Cuomo’s In Budget
- As budget negotiations begin between the New York legislative chambers and governor, Assemblyman Gary Pretlow doesn’t anticipate any debate at all on online sports wagering.
- SBC Americas, 3.16.21 – New York State Takes Crucial Step Closer To Expanded Sports Betting
- New York’s Senate and State House Assembly have lit the touch paper on expanded gambling in the state this week with votes on two separate bills that will set in motion the creation of new casino licenses for the downstate zone, including one in New York City.
- WSHU, 3.16.21 – Connecticut Nearly Has A Deal On Sports Betting
- A deal to allow online gambling and sports betting in Connecticut is imminent, according to Governor Ned Lamont, a long-delayed plan involving the state’s two Native American tribes.
- Washington Business Journal, 3.16.21 – Virginia Could Soon Allow More Online Sports Betting Operators, With A Priority On Equity
- Virginia could soon allow more sportsbook operators to offer mobile betting apps, with a priority placed on those from companies helmed by people of color, thanks to some newly passed legislation.
- Detroit Free-Press, 3.16.21 – Online Betting Boosts Detroit’s Casino Tax Haul To Pre-Pandemic Levels
- The launch of internet gambling has sent Detroit’s tax revenues from casinos soaring back to pre-pandemic levels.
- MiBiz, 3.16.21 – Michigan Emerging As Top Market For Sports Betting, Online Gaming
- Another busy stretch of sports betting and online casino gaming in Michigan has put the state among some of the top markets in the country.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.16.21 – Michigan Sports Betting Tops $300 Million Handle In First Full Month
- Michigan posted the largest full opening month for any online sports betting state, topping $300 million in handle in January.
- PlayIA, 3.16.21 – BettHouse Sportsbook To Launch In Iowa By ‘End Of April Or May’
- BettHouse is planting its first seeds in Iowa this spring, and the emerging sportsbook hopes to grow a national profile from there.
- Sports Handle, 3.16.21 – North Dakota Lawmaker Seeks 24-Month Waiting Period For Online Sports Betting
- As a sports betting proposal continues moving through the North Dakota legislature, it’s looking more and more like statewide digital sports wagering won’t arrive until late 2025 — at the very earliest.