iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 3.23.21 – Blackstone and Atairos become first GeoComply institutional investors
- Geolocation service provider GeoComply has today announced that private equity businesses Blackstone Growth (Blackstone) and Atairos will each invest in GeoComply.
- CNN Business, 3.22.21 – Wall Street’s hot new bet: Betting on sports
- The NCAA basketball tournament, aka March Madness, is nirvana for sports bettors. But it’s March Madness on Wall Street too, as the blue-chip S&P 500 index is wagering that legal gambling is a growing trend that’s here to stay.
- CNBC, 3.22.21 – Goldman sees the online sports betting market worth nearly $40 billion by 2033. How to play it
- The outlook for the sports betting and online gaming industry in the United States is growing increasingly bright, according to Goldman Sachs.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 3.22.21 – IF THE NFL WANTS $100 MILLION A YEAR FOR BETTING DATA, WHO IS GOING TO PAY?
- The NFL reportedly is looking for $100 million a year for the exclusive rights to distribute its official sports betting data.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.22.21 – HOW WILL SPORTRADAR USE NEWLY ACQUIRED BASKETBALL ANALYTICS FIRM SYNERGY SPORTS?
- Sportradar acquired basketball analytics firm Synergy Sports in a move that deepens the company’s ties with college sports.
- CT Post, 3.22.21 – Sports betting could be in place in CT by football season
- Less than a week after sealing a sports betting and online gambling deal with the two tribes that own casinos, Gov. Ned Lamont and his advisers on Monday said they hope to be able to speed up the projected year-long process of launching regulations. But a lot has to happen before the virtual betting windows open.
- Online Poker Report, 3.22.21 – BetMGM Poker May Launch In Michigan This Afternoon, Becoming The Second Operator In The State
- BetMGM, which is the early market leader in the Michigan online casino space, will launch its poker product in the afternoon. At the time of writing, there were unconfirmed rumors circulating that some last-minute issues might push the launch back a bit later in the week. However, BetMGM does seem to have gone forward with at least an open testing period, as the site is open for business and taking registrations.
- Play Illinois, 3.22.21 – ILLINOIS CONDUCTS ANONYMOUS ONLINE SURVEY TO BETTER UNDERSTAND PROBLEM GAMBLING
- March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month, and Illinois is conducting an anonymous survey to understand gambling addiction better.
- iGB North America, 3.22.21 – Gambling.com launches new affiliate site in Virginia
- Gambling.com Group has launched its third sports betting affiliate website in the US state of Virginia.
- Grand Forks Herald, 3.22.21 – North Dakota Senate rejects sports betting resolution
- The North Dakota Senate has nixed a resolution that would have allowed voters to decide whether sports betting should be legal in the state.