iDEA Growth News:
- iGB North America, 3.26.21 – PointsBet and Penn National extend market access deal to PA and MS
- Australian sportsbook PointsBet has been granted access to the online betting and gaming markets of Pennsylvania and – when it regulates online gambling – Mississippi via an extension of its market access agreement with Penn National Gaming (PNG).
- SBC Americas, 3.26.21 – Kambi reports record-breaking 2020 results and hails strong US growth
- Global sports betting supplier Kambi Group plc has published its 2020 Annual Report and Accounts, showing record-breaking financial results in the trading period, including a 28% increase in revenue alongside a 27% rise in operating margin.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.26.21 – PROBLEM GAMBLING ADVOCATES ISSUE COLLEGE SPORTS BETTING PARTNERSHIP GUIDELINES
- The National Council on Problem Gambling this week released a set of suggested college sports betting partnership guidelines.
- WSHU Radio, 3.24.21 – Lamont Meets With Tribal Leaders To Discuss Legalized Sports Betting Details
- Now that Connecticut has reached an agreement with the state’s two federally recognized Indigenous tribes, Governor Ned Lamont met with tribal leaders on Thursday to discuss the details for legalized sports betting and online gaming in the state.
- WTOP, 3.26.21 – Firms urge Md. lawmakers to boost number of mobile sports betting licenses
- A House bill that would establish a sports betting framework in Maryland was the topic of a public hearing in the Senate Budget & Taxation Committee on Thursday…Testimony was dominated by representatives from Black- and female-owned firms. They urged legislators to maximize opportunities for minority companies, in part by expanding the number of mobile, or app-based, licenses.
- Baltimore Sun, 3.25.21 – Debate over new Maryland sports gambling industry enters final stages
- As the Maryland General Assembly enters its final stretch, lawmakers are still working out the details of a new sports gambling industry in the state.
- ABC 6 News, 3.25.21 – MN lawmaker pushing to legalize sports betting
- There are currently 25 states with legal sports wagering, Iowa is one, but Minnesota has not legalized sports betting. DFL Senator Karla Bigham who represents Cottage Grove said it is time for Minnesotans to be able to legally bet on sports.
- US Bets, 3.25.21 – Nevada Sports Betting Handle Tumbles To $553.8M For February
- Nevada did not escape the nationwide dip that takes place in the sports betting market that comes with the shorter month of February, as the state’s Gaming Control Board reported a handle of more than $553.8 million on Thursday.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.25.21 – BILL SPONSOR SAYS WEST VIRGINIA SPORTS BETTING EXPANSION LIKELY DEAD
- A conversation to expand the West Virginia sports betting market started this session. The effort likely is dead in the water though.