- Online Poker Report, 3.27.19 – It’s Official: West Virginia Legalizes Online Casinos, Poker; Becomes Fifth State To Do So
- West Virginia has officially legalized online casinos in the state, thanks to the inaction of the governor. The West Virginia Lottery Interactive Wagering Act cruised through the House in February, and the Senate then approved and made amendments to the bill. The House accepted those changes and sent the bill to the desk of Gov. Jim Justice.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.19 – For Now, Mobile Wagering Stripped From Indiana Sports Betting Bill
- One legislative committee wants Indiana sports betting to stay in the analog age, but it might not stay that way.
- Sports Handle, 3.27.19 – Indiana Sports Betting Bill Stripped Of Mobile Wagering Provisions
- A gambling package on the table in Indiana underwent some significant changes on Wednesday during a House committee hearing. The unfortunate highlight was the stripping of mobile sports betting from the bill.
- Sports Handle, 3.27.19 – Ohio Sports Betting Legalization: Neighbors, And The Road Ahead
- A long-awaited, full-fledged Ohio sports betting bill hit the table earlier this month, the first of its kind for the Buckeye State.
- WNPR, 3.27.19 – Could Legalized Sports Betting Be The Answer To Curb Connecticut’s Illegal Market?
- If you log onto some overseas website to bet on sports, or you do it through a bookie at the local bar, or even if you and your buddy have $20 riding on the Giants/Cowboys game, you’re betting illegally.
Sports League News:
- The Washington Post, 3.28.19 – NHL embraces more betting with 3rd gambling operator
- The NHL has announced its third partnership with a sports gambling operator, a deal with William Hill. The league previously into entered deals with FanDuel and MGM. All three companies have been designated as “official sports betting partners” of the NHL.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.27.19 – Welcome, Washington Wagering: Leonsis Confirms DC Sports Betting At Capital One
- The worst-kept secret in DC sports betting is out: Ted Leonsis will attach a sportsbook to Capital One Arena. Leonsis discussed Wednesday what he previously discussed as a possibility: the former Greene Turtle restaurant could convert into a sportsbook. Patrons will be able to enter the DC sports betting location without holding a ticket for an event, according to Leonsis.
- ESPN, 3.28.19 – NHL adds bookmaker William Hill as partner
- The NHL and bookmaker William Hill U.S. announced a strategic partnership Thursday, the latest of numerous deals by professional leagues and sports betting operators.
- ESPN, 3.27.19 – MLB proceeding with caution in regards to sports gambling
- Commissioner Rob Manfred shares MLB’s stance on sports gambling and why the change in the gambling landscape is irrelevant to Pete Rose’s status.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- The Lines, 3.28.19 – PointsBet Introduces New In-Play Baseball Product And Promos In Time For MLB Opening Day
- Major League Baseball (MLB) season is here and there are more ways to wager on America’s Pastime than ever before. This year PointsBet Sportsbook in New Jersey will have at least 55 wagering options that can be made before each game. They’ll also offer a new level of in-play wagering for MLB and a variety of promotions.
- Gloucester Daily Times, 3.27.19 – DraftKings opens HQ as state mulls sports betting
- As daily fantasy sports company DraftKings celebrated the opening of its new Boston headquarters Tuesday, Gov. Charlie Baker said he hopes to see the state legalize sports betting before the start of the next National Football League season to allow additional job growth and bring in new tax revenue.