- Online Gambling, 3.28.19 – Sports Betting Legislative Roundup: Tennessee Bill Faces Opposition, RI Approves Mobile Betting
- The prospects of a bill that would legalize online sports betting in Tennessee appear to be fading, as a state Senate panel overwhelming voted to recommend against passage of the legislation.
- Sports Handle, 3.28.19 – Illinois Sports Betting Hearing: Jersey Spirit And Knocking The Competition
- In an effort to leave no stone unturned, Illinois lawmakers heard testimony on Thursday from stakeholders ranging from professional leagues to horseman’s groups and racetracks to the state’s lottery vendor during a House Revenue and Finance, Sales, Amusement, and Other Tax Subcommittee hearing on sports betting.
- Illinois News Network, 3.29.19 – NBA executive tells lawmakers to protect integrity of games in sports gambling talks
- It wasn’t just opening day for baseball Thursday, it was also opening day for a bill to legalize sports betting in Illinois.
- Chicago Tribune, 3.28.19 – ‘It’s a very delicate issue’: Gambling interests spar over how sports betting should be run in Illinois during first public hearing
- Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s call for lawmakers to pass a bill legalizing sports betting without getting bogged down in the squabbles that have doomed previous gambling expansion efforts always looked like a long shot, and lawmakers’ first public discussion of the issue during the spring legislative session showed why.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.19 – Super Bowl Handle Drop Can’t Slow Nevada Sports Betting Growth In February
- One could naturally infer a challenging February for Nevada sports betting revenue following a major drop in Super Bowl handle.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 3.28.19 – Hat Trick: NHL Inks William Hill For Third Official Sports Betting Partnership
- The NHL has entered into a league-level sports betting partnership with industry giant William Hill. News of the new deal came to light in a press release issued Thursday morning.
- The Washington Post, 3.28.19 – The NHL’s Gary Bettman was a sports gambling skeptic. Now he’s a convert.
- NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman once didn’t think too highly of legalized sports gambling.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 3.28.19 – Future Of Sports Betting Data: What’s Next In 2020?
- Attend an Arsenal match this spring and there is a strong possibility that you might spot a shadowy figure in the crowd giving off a suspicious vibe.