iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayNJ, 3.2.20 – What PokerStars’ Bounty Builder Series Taught Us About PA And NJ Online Poker
- The Bounty Builder Series online poker tournament in New Jersey and Pennsylvania has come to a close.
- Online Poker Report, 3.2.20 – Struggling Horse Racing Industry Offers Lessons For US Sports Betting
- The history of horse racing in the US predates the Revolutionary War. Traditions aside, however, the sport of kings is struggling across most of the country in the modern era.
- Sports Handle, 3.3.20 – Sports Betting Continues Its March Through Washington State
- The Washington Senate’s Ways and Means Executive Committee kept a tribal-only sports betting measure moving forward Monday, but not before it considered 15 amendments, many of which would have added commercial sports betting at card rooms.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 3.3.20 – FanDuel Group Forges Live Streaming Partnership With NHL
- Gambling and fantasy sports company the FanDuel Group has announced a historic streaming partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL).
- PlayIndiana, 3.2.20 – FanDuel Banking On NHL Livestreams And More Props To Boost Hockey Betting
- Hoosiers can now stream live NHL games courtesy of FanDuel. The sportsbook will be livestreaming up to two games each day throughout the NHL regular season.
- Sports Handle, 3.3.20 – New Massachusetts Sports Betting Amendment Keeps Legalization Hopes Alive
- A new amendment to Massachusetts H366, which was filed in 2019, is circulating on Beacon Hill and was filed just in time for beat a Feb. 28 deadline to keep hopes for legal sports betting alive in the Bay State.
- Gambling Compliance, 3.3.20 – Massachusetts Bill No Sure Bet, Say Lawmakers (subscription paywall)
- Massachusetts could start fielding bets by football season, if a top House lawmakers has her way, but a recently released sports wagering bill will first have to clear some potentially thorny legislative hurdles.
- Patch, 3.2.20 – Here’s What Legal Sports Betting Could Look Like In Massachusetts
- State lawmakers gave the first glimpse of what sports betting in Massachusetts could look like when they released legislation Friday that had been under consideration by a committee for nearly a year.
- Taunton Daily Gazette, 3.3.20 – Branches Taking Different Paths On Sports Betting
- More than a year in the making, the first bill to legalize sports betting in Massachusetts emerged from a joint House-Senate committee Friday and took one step closer to becoming reality.
- WILX, 3.2.20 – Sports Betting In Michigan Casinos Expected In Time For March Madness
- After a set of bills signed by Governor Gretchen Whitmer legalizing sports betting and online gambling, the state hopes to start on-site gambling just in time for March Madness.
- US Bets, 3.2.20 – Louisiana Takes Another Stab At Sports Betting Law
- After previous failed attempts, Louisiana will once again consider a sports betting law.
- Sioux Falls Argus Leader, 3.2.20 – Sports Betting In Deadwood? Ballot Question Nears Final Vote In Legislature
- Voters may be asked in November whether they want to legalize sports betting in Deadwood.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.2.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Nevada Finally Publishes Mobile Share
- It’s finally March, which means there’s no chance sports betting news will slow down anytime soon with legislatures in full gear.
- SBC Americas, 3.2.20 – Basketball Tops Out January Betting As Nevada Reports 36% Revenue Rise
- Sports betting in Nevada saw revenue rise by a hefty 36% in January to $20.15m on handle of $502.5m according to the latest monthly statistics from the Nevada Gaming Control Board.