Industry News of the Day for March 3, 2022
iDEA Growth in the News:
- Sports Handle, 3.2.22: Missouri Committee Moves Sports Betting Legislation Forward With Reservations (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- A Missouri House committee consolidated, amended, and moved forward sports betting legislation Wednesday, but not before making clear that more compromise around problem gambling, the tax rate, and an “off-site user’s fee” would need to take place.
- Joplin Globe, 3.2.22: Ifrah Law Partner Michelle Cohen Moderating All Star Sports Betting Panel at the Prestigious NYU’s Sports Law Association 11th Annual Sports Law Colloquium
- Ifrah Law, one of the world’s leading gaming firms, is pleased to announce Michelle Cohen, Partner, will serve as the moderator of the sports betting panel during the 11 th annual Sports Law Association Colloquium sponsored by NYU’s Sports Law Association on Friday March 4, 2022.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 3.3.22: Sportradar’s Brandt Iden: US States Taking New Approach To Mobile Wagering
- Brandt Iden, Head of Government Affairs at Sportradar, shares his views on how states that originally legalized sports betting at the retail level only are now starting to reverse course to include mobile/online wagering.
- SBC, 3.3.22: Entain Foundation US Launches Second Edition Of Responsible Gambling App
- Entain Foundation US has announced the second edition launch of Gamble Responsibly America, a ‘first-of-its-kind’ mobile app which contains practical tools, assistance, and advice for those facing potential problem gambling issues.
- Penn Bets, 3.3.22: PointsBet To Air Dual-Market ‘BetCast’ Of 76ers-Bulls Game
- PointsBet’s BetCast is essentially a live telecast of a game that’s geared toward sports bettors.
- SBC, 3.2.22: Bill Pascrell: Responsible Gaming Biggest Threat To Industry If Ignored (Martin Lycka mentioned)
- Issues surrounding responsible gaming and tackling problem gambling is the single biggest threat to the existence of the US gaming industry, according to Bill Pascrell, the leading gaming lobbyist.
- Sports Handle, 3.3.22: Analyzing The Best (And Worst) Legal Sports Betting Options In The DMV
- Placing sports bets in and around the nation’s capital presents a unique situation.
- Play CA, 3.3.22: How Will You Vote On The Future Of Sports Betting In California?
- Legalized sports betting is one of the fastest-growing trends since Tik Tok. But what’s funny is, some of the biggest and most populous states in the country don’t offer it themselves.
- WHAS 11, 3.2.22: Kentucky Makes Another Play To Legalize Sports Betting
- Kentucky lawmakers introduced a bill that would legalize sports wagering in person and off-site in the commonwealth–if it’s approved.
- IGB, 3.2.22: Iowa Sports Betting Dashboard: January 2022
- Sports betting in Iowa enjoyed a positive start to the year as the market experienced an increase in gross gaming revenue (GGR) during January.
- Play USA, 3.2.22: Minnesota Lawmaker Says Tribes Want To Limit Sports Betting Mobile Apps
- The number of online sports wagering apps figures to be the biggest point of contention as Minnesota lawmakers pursue sports betting legislation in the coming months.
- Action Network, 3.2.22: Missouri House to Vote on Bills to Legalize Sports Betting
- A pair of bills that would legalize sports betting in Missouri are advancing through the legislature.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 3.3.22: Sports Betting Takes Step Forward In Missouri
- A plan backed by Missouri’s professional sports teams to legalize betting on games advanced to the full House Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.2.22: Colorado Sports Betting Climbed To Record High In January
- A busy January slate of football and basketball catapulted Colorado sports betting to new record heights.