iDEA Growth in the News:
- Online Poker Report, 3.27.20 – Catching Up On The Wire Act Case — Part 2: New Hampshire Lottery Has Friends In Court (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Earlier this month, half a dozen amicus briefs were filed in the Wire Act case pitting the New Hampshire Lottery Commission and gaming company Neopollard against the US Department of Justice.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB, 3.30.20 – Sportradar Unveils New AI Sports Betting Product
- Sports data provider Sportradar has announced the launch of a new artificial intelligence-driven product for professional sports matches that will allow players to simulate the final matches of suspended leagues.
- Gaming Intelligence, 3.30.20 – Sportradar Launches New Simulated Reality Sports Betting Offering
- Sports data provider Sportradar will launch a new AI-driven simulated sports betting product this week for its operator partners.
- Gaming Intelligence, 3.30.20 – Inspired Entertainment Launches New Virtual Basketball Game With Bet365
- New York-listed gaming supplier Inspired Entertainment has launched its new virtual sports offering V-Play Basketball with leading operator bet365.
- Sports Handle, 3.27.20 – Get A Grip: Week In Sports Betting: Coronavirus Economic Impact, Poker Surge
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top stories, highlighting some fresh news and rounding up key stories in the world (and industry) of legal U.S. sports betting.
- Gambling Compliance, 3.30.20 – Apple Grants Second Gambling App Compliance Extension (subscription paywall)
- Apple has granted app developers a second extension to comply with its design guidelines updates, giving gambling apps more time to ensure they are not removed from the technology giant’s virtual marketplace, the App Store.
- Gambling Compliance, 3.30.20 – $2trn Coronavirus Bill Makes Billions In Loans Available To US Gaming Companies (subscription paywall)
- The $2.2trn stimulus package signed by President Trump on Friday provides relief for the troubled U.S. gaming industry, as several states extend shutdown orders leaving casino companies to update their business strategies.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.30.20 – Maryland Sports Betting Sponsor Pins Gutted Bill On Session Cut Short By Coronavirus
- The sponsor of a bill to legalize Maryland sports betting believes issues raised in the House could have been solved if not for a session shortened by coronavirus concerns.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.27.20 – How Much Will Coronavirus Impact Hurt NJ Online Sports Betting Revenue?
- New Jersey online sports betting revenues could fall by 14% year-on-year because of the impact of the coronavirus.
- Yogonet, 3.30.20 – Vermont Bill To Create Sports Betting Study Committee Moves Forward
- Senate lawmakers voted Tuesday to create a committee to study how to tax and regulate legal sports betting, and suggests that Vermont could bring in between $1.1-$4.2 million in tax revenue.
- iGB North America, 3.30.20 – Rhode Island Sports Betting Revenue Rises To $2.3M In February
- Sports betting revenue in Rhode Island totalled $2.3m in February, representing a significant improvement on the loss of $890,623 posted in the same month in 2019.
- iGB North America, 3.30.20 – Delaware Sports Betting Revenue Soars In February
- The Delaware Lottery has revealed that sports wagering revenue in the state amounted to $159,800 in February, representing a huge year-on-year increase, but a sharp decline on the total generated in January 2020.
- Gambling Insider, 3.30.20 – Oklahoma Tribal Gaming Leader Rejects Governor
- Oklahoma Indian Gaming Association Chairman Matthew Morgan has rejected the latest gaming compact offer from Governor Kevin Stitt.
- Q13 FOX, 3.29.20 – For Better Or Worse, Sports Betting Is Here – Although There’s Nothing To Bet On
- While you were responsibly staying informed about COVID-19 updates or going down the rabbit hole known as “Tiger King” on Netflix, there was another major breakthrough – and a perfectly ironic one at that: That sports betting is now legal inside tribal casinos in the state of Washington.
- Mile High Sports, 3.29.20 – Sports Betting Launch In Colorado: Inching Toward A Delay?
- When will legal sports betting get underway in Colorado? That’s a question consumers and industry analysts are increasingly asking as the state’s proposed launch date for sports betting, May 1, moves closer.