Industry News of the Day for March 30, 2021
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 3.30.21 – DraftKings Acquires VSiN In A Move To Boost Content Offerings
- In a “wolf investing in hen houses” type of move, DraftKings has acquired Vegas Sports Information Network (VSiN).
- Online Poker Report, 3.27.21 – Bally’s To Acquire Gamesys Group For $2.7 Billion, Drive Hard Into Sports Betting, iGaming
- There’s no mystery as to what play Bally’s Corporation is calling: It’s driving hard into sports betting and iGaming. One acquisition in particular looks like it may help to break through competitors’ offensive lines. This is Bally’s attempt to purchase of London-based online gaming company Gamesys Group for $2.7 billion.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.29.21 – WYOMING SPORTS BETTING BILL PASSES SENATE, LIKELY SOON HEADS TO GOVERNOR
- Wyoming sports betting is a few final steps away from reality. Wyoming HB 133 made its way through the Senate, receiving a 24-5-1 approval vote on Monday.
- Sports Handle, 3.30.21 – 5 Key Issues To Watch As New York Faces Budget Deadline On Mobile Sports Betting
- The clock is ticking. Days after New York political leaders finalized a deal that is expected to pave the way for the legalization of marijuana in the Empire State, negotiations on mobile sports betting may head into overtime this week ahead of Thursday’s deadline to pass the state’s fiscal year budget.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.29.21 – MOBILE NY SPORTS BETTING OUTLOOK LOOKS BLEAK BUT NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE
- Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr. told LSR on Monday negotiations to include mobile betting in the budget are frustrating at times. That is a far cry from the optimism he expressed two weeks ago considering there was finally “common ground” on the issue.
- Play IA, 3.29.21 – PROBLEM GAMBLING AWARENESS MONTH: EXPERT SAYS ‘TREATMENT WORKS, HAVE HOPE’
- March is Problem Gambling Awareness Month. Statistics tell Eric Preuss gambling has “become a societal norm” in Iowa. The Iowa Gambling Treatment program manager said about “90% of adult Iowans have gambled at some point in their lifetime. Almost 50% participate in a gambling activity each month.”
- TN Bets, 3.29.21 – Tennessee Sports Betting Handle Falls Month-Over-Month In February
- Tennessee’s sportsbooks handled $176.3 million in February, according to Tennessee Lottery figures.
- SBC Americas, 3.30.21 – Colorado sportsbooks record month-on-month decline in February
- Colorado is the latest state to experience its first month-on-month decline in sports betting revenue, due largely to February’s 28 days and the conclusion of the NFL season, according to PlayColorado, which provides news and analysis of the state’s gaming industry.