- Associated Press, 3.5.20 – Gambling Industry Urges Sports Bettors To Wager Responsibly
- The gambling industry is launching a campaign to urge sports bettors to wager responsibly, including setting and sticking to a budget, and learning thoroughly about anything on which they make a bet.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.5.20 – AGA Launches Responsible Sports Betting Campaign Ahead Of March Madness
- The American Gaming Association launched a responsible sports betting promotion campaign for states that have legal sports betting.
- SBC Americas, 3.5.20 – Online Gaming: Bringing In Different Players To Sports Betting
- Dylan Slaney, SVP Gaming at SG Digital, talks about how online casino can bring in a different type of player to sports betting.
Sports League News:
- Jacksonville Business Journal, 3.5.20 – PGA Tour Partners With Sports Betting Network
- As part of a strategy to engage new and existing audiences, the PGA Tour and Action Network recently announced the launch of a new, golf-focused sports betting platform.
- PlayUSA, 3.4.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: New Lounges Are Proof The NFL Is Warming Up To Sports Betting
- For professional sports leagues in North America, at least from their perspective, that means embracing the idea of legalized and state-sanction sports betting.
- Associated Press, 3.4.20 – Trounced At Polls, North Jersey Casino Bills Still Lurking
- New Jersey voters seemingly drove a stake through the heart of proposals to expand casino gambling beyond Atlantic City to the suburbs near New York City when nearly 80% of those who cast ballots rejected a referendum four years ago.
- The Wall Street Journal, 3.3.20 – Connecticut Governor Clashes With Tribes On Sports Betting
- Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont threw his support behind a bill that would allow multiple operators to begin offering sports betting in the state, putting him at odds with the tribes that run Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods Resort Casino.
- Sports Handle, 3.4.20 – Connecticut Sports Betting Efforts Headed Back To Nowhere
- On the same day that Connecticut’s Committee on Public Safety and Security held its first hearing of 2020 on legal sports betting, Governor Ned LaMont released a statement saying he’s not willing to give the state’s tribes exclusivity.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.5.20 – Maryland Sports Betting Bill Nears Senate Passage After Key Changes
- A more inclusive bill to legalize sports betting in Maryland is on the verge of passing in the Senate.
- The Baltimore Sun, 3.4.20 – Maryland Voters Would Get A Say On Sports Betting
- After years of fits and starts, an effort to legalize betting on sports is moving forward in Maryland’s legislature.
- Maryland Matters, 3.4.20 – Sports Gaming Bill Headed To Senate Floor
- A measure to allow Marylanders to gamble on sporting events cleared an important hurdle on Tuesday when a Senate committee voted unanimously to approve a bill sponsored by a Montgomery County lawmaker.
- WJLA, 3.5.20 – Maryland Lawmakers Continue Push To Bring Sports Betting To The State
- While DC is already getting facilities ready for sports betting next year, Maryland appears to be following suit, throwing its hat into the prize ring.
- PlayWV, 3.4.20 – WV Online Sports Betting Continues To Climb; 70% Of Bets From Mobile Betting Apps
- West Virginia sports betting continued its hot streak in the month of February. With three online sports betting apps in the rotation, the Mountain State is having its biggest month in terms of overall handle since legalizing sports wagering.
- The Detroit News, 3.4.20 – MGM Grand Rolls Out Kiosks In Anticipation Of Sports Betting By ‘March Madness’
- Live sports betting could begin in Michigan as early as next week, and almost certainly before the gambling frenzy that is “March Madness” this month.
- Click On Detroit, 3.5.20 – Detroit Casinos Prepare For Sports Betting During NCAA Basketball Tournament
- Now, Michigan state lawmakers are hoping to get a slice of all that money that goes into sports betting during college basketball tournament time.
- The Joplin Globe, 3.4.20 – House Closer To Debate On Sports Betting
- A Missouri House committee cleared the way this week for two plans to legalize sports betting to move to the House floor, where legislators will get the chance to iron out their remaining wrinkles.
- Richmond News, 3.4.20 – Proposed Bills Would Expand, Regulate Gambling
- A bill to create regulations for legalized video gambling in Missouri is being framed as a solution to the potentially illegal machines that have cropped up around the state and a way to replace falling revenue from the casino industry.
- PlayIndiana, 3.4.20 – PointsBet Launching In Indiana In Time For March Madness
- PointsBet will become Indiana’s sixth online sportsbook. The Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) gave the sportsbook the green light today.
- Gambling.Com, 3.4.20 – PointsBet Launching Indiana Mobile Sports Betting Thursday
- PointsBet received authorization from the Indiana Gaming Commission to launch its state-wide mobile and online platform on Thursday.
- WHAS11, 3.5.20 – Yahoo! Sportsbook Powered By BetMGM Expanding Into Indiana
- Verizon Media announced Wednesday the expansion of Yahoo Sportsbook powered by BetMGM, allowing users of legal age in the state of Indiana to view betting odds and click through the odds to place bets on BetMGM.
- TNBets, 3.5.20 – Tennessee To Hold Another Sports Betting Meeting As Urgency To Launch Ramps Up
- The Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council is set to meet again in Nashville on March 10, following a meeting on Feb. 18.
- USBets, 3.4.20 – Mississippi Punts Again On Statewide Mobile Sports Betting Legislation
- The Magnolia State won’t be expanding its sports betting industry in 2020.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.20 – ‘High Volume’ Of Colorado Sports Betting Apps Leads To Special Meetings
- A special licensing-only meeting for Colorado sports betting applicants will be held Thursday due to a “high volume” of license requests.
- Online Poker Report, 3.4.20 – Colorado Casinos Gearing Up For Springtime Sports Betting Debut
- Legal sports betting is now less than two months away for Colorado. The expected go-live date is May 1 for both retail and online sportsbooks, and the state says everything is ready on its end.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.20 – Second Time’s A Charm For South Dakota Sports Betting Referendum
- A South Dakota sports betting referendum that will put legalization into the hands of the state’s citizens moved forward Tuesday.
- Gambling Compliance, 3.5.20 – Nevada Gaming Regulations Continue To Evolve As New Investors, Companies Seek Licensure (subscription paywall)
- Nevada’s history of regulating gambling is a long one, but licensing policies to encourage investors remains a consistent theme, the state’s top gaming regulator has said.
- KIRO Radio, 3.4.20 – State Throws Potential $50M In Sports Gambling Revenue To Tribal Casinos
- Senate Bill 6394 is passing through the Senate after its companion bill passed out of the House.