iDEA Growth in the News:
- The Associated Press, 3.4.21 – Sports Betting Debate Heats Up In Maryland Legislature (John Pappas as iDEA Growth spokesman)
- Maryland legislators have begun to discuss regulation of the state’s newly approved legalized sports betting market, which includes mobile wagering.
iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.21 – Bettor Safe Campaign Aims To Raise Legal Sports Betting Awareness (GeoComply)
- Bettor Safe, a new sports betting education campaign, launched this week with the goal of distinguishing legal and illegal markets.
- Sports Handle, 3.4.21 – These States Have Sports Betting On House/Senate Floors, But Will Any Move?
- Nebraska lawmakers merged two pieces of sports betting legislation earlier this week and sent the finished product to the full Legislature by a 5-1 vote.
- SBC Americas, 3.4.21 – EPIC Risk Management And Kindbridge Target U.S. Problem Gambling
- EPIC Risk Management has formed a strategic partnership with problem gambling treatment company Kindbridge, with a specific focus on vulnerable groups in the U.S.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.21 – Why Bally Bets Rollout Will Not Happen Until Summer
- It will be a bit longer before the full sports betting plans of Bally’s and its Bally Bets sportsbook come to light.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.21 – Fubo Aims To Take Bets In Three States This Year, Expert Not Convinced
- FuboTV doubled down on sports betting this week, saying it could be taking bets in three states by the end of the year.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 3.5.21 – Bally’s Appointed As Authorized Sports Betting Operator Of The NBA
- Land-based gaming and interactive entertainment firm Bally’s Corporation has entered into a multi-year strategic partnership under the terms of which it becomes an Authorized Sports Betting Operator of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Online Poker Report, 3.4.21 – Connecticut’s Online Gambling Effort Gains Momentum As Mohegan Tribe Reaches Agreement With Governor
- 2021 stands to be a good year for gambling expansion, as states race to make up for time that they lost to fighting COVID-19 last year.
- Fox 61, 3.4.21 – Sports Betting, Online Gambling Talks Continue
- The Mashantucket Pequot tribe has not reached an agreement with the state yet, something legislators say is crucial.
- PlayVirginia, 3.4.21 – With DC Lottery Director Stepping Down, Can GamBet Turn It Around?
- The rollout of legal sports betting in Washington, D.C. has been noteworthy, but mostly in negative ways.
- The Center Square, 3.4.21 – Sports Betting Off To Fast Start In Virginia
- Virginians are flocking to the new sports betting scene in large numbers shortly after the practice became legal less than two months ago, according to PlayVirginia, which provides analysis on the gaming industry.
- PlayVirginia, 3.4.21 – WynnBet Is Approved To Launch In VA, But Who Knows When It Will?
- The Virginia Lottery has issued a sports-betting permit to WynnBET, making it the sixth sports betting app live in VA.
- Montgomery Advertiser, 3.4.21 – As Senate Vote On Alabama Gambling Bill Approaches, Negotiations Continue
- The number of casinos could change. So could the distribution of proceeds.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.21 – IntraLot Provides Unintentional Comedy To Ohio Sports Betting Hearing
- More testimony on how to shape the legal Ohio sports betting market came Wednesday from a number of proponents.
- PlayOhio, 3.4.21 – Wait, What? From Creative To Crazy, Sports Betting Plans All Over Map At Ohio Hearing
- The ongoing discussion of legalizing sports betting in Ohio continued late Wednesday afternoon with a hearing before the Senate Select Committee on Gaming.
- Legal Sports Report, 3.4.21 – Kansas Sports Betting Bill Moves Closer To The Finish Once Again
- Kansas sports betting took another step forward this week. A substitute bill for SB 84 received a 26-12 approval from the Kansas Senate Wednesday afternoon.
- Gaming Intelligence, 3.5.21 – Missouri Lawmakers Consider iGaming And Sports Betting Legislation (subscription paywall)
- Lawmakers in Missouri are considering legislation to allow the state’s licensed riverboat gaming facilities to offer retail and online sports betting, as well as online versions of casino games.
- Sports Handle, 3.4.21 – South Dakota Lawmakers Send Sports Betting To Governor
- South Dakota lawmakers became the first in 2021 to send sports betting legislation to a governor when the House passed SB 44 on a 58-8-4 vote Thursday.
- KOTA, 3.4.21 – House Approves Sports Betting In Deadwood
- In November, South Dakotan’s voted “yes” to legalize sports betting.
- iGB North America, 3.5.21 – Texas Sports Betting Bill Referred To House Committee
- The Texas House of Representatives’ State Affairs Committee is to run the rule over a new bill that proposes legalizing certain forms of sports betting in the US state.
- Associated Press, 3.4.21 – Arizona House Oks Gambling Bill Amid Transparency Questions
- Some Democrats in the Arizona House on Thursday raised transparency and fairness questions about a major expansion of gambling Republican Gov. Doug Ducey needs as part of his thus-far secret deal with Native American tribes to update their gambling compact.
- Sports Handle, 3.4.21 – Arizona House Sends Sports Betting Bill To Senate
- The Arizona House of Representatives swiftly moved HB 2772 through several readings and to a full vote Thursday morning, sending it to the Senate for approval.
- The Action Network, 3.4.21 – Arizona Sports Betting Bill Passes House, Heads To Senate
- The Arizona House easily passed a sports betting legalization bill Thursday, sending the proposal to the Senate and building hope legal wagering could come to the state.