Industry News of the Day for May 10, 2022
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 5.10.22 – BetMGM becomes sports betting partner of Houston Astros
- BetMGM has begun its first relationship in the state of Texas after becoming the exclusive sports betting partner of the Houston Astros. As part of the agreement, Minute Maid Park will prominently feature BetMGM signage, including a permanent outfield wall sign and rotational promotional messaging behind home plate.
- SBC Americas, 5.10.22 – NASCAR appoints PickUp to accelerate gamification strategy
- The collaboration with NASCAR is the latest in a line of partnerships with leading brands in the sports media space including USA Today Sports, DraftKings, BetMGM, FloSports, MMAJunkie as well as other distributors including Comcast and Xfinity.
- Sports Handle, 5.10.22 – California Tribes Won’t Try For Mobile Proposal On 2022 Ballot
- At the start of this year, the potential existed for as many as four sports betting initiatives to land on the 2022 California ballot. But on Monday, the three tribes backing a mobile wagering proposal said they would turn their efforts toward killing a commercial initiative rather than try for the 2022 ballot. According to a spokesman, the tribes will continue to collect signatures while earmarking $100 million to “kill” an initiative backed by seven commercial operators.
- Sports Handle, 5.10.22 – First Sports Bets In Maine Still More Than A Year Away
- On May 2, more than two years after vetoing an open, competitive sports betting bill, Maine Gov. Janet Mills made the state the first in 2022 to legalize sports wagering. But it could be around 18 months before the first bet is placed, according to Milt Champion, executive director of the state’s Gambling Control Unit.
- Sports Handle, 5.09.22 – Illinois Posts Record $971 Million Sports Betting Handle For March
- The Illinois Gaming Board reported a record traditional sports wagering handle for March of more than $971 million on Monday, with NCAA Tournament and NBA action fueling the highest monthly total reported outside New Jersey, Nevada, and New York in the post-PASPA era.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.09.22 – Ohio Sports Betting Applications Will Open Sooner Than Expected
- The application period for Ohio sports betting licensees will open a bit earlier than expected, according to the Casino Control Commission.
- Play NY, 5.10.22 – Even With Massive NY Sports Betting Handle Numbers, Sen. Addabbo Wants More
- Joe Addabbo has been very pleased with the New York online sports betting numbers. The Empire State exceeded $1 billion in handle in each of the first four months since legal online sports betting in New York launched in January.
- Elite Sports NY, 5.09.22 – New York Online Sports Betting Hits Over $6 Billion In Just 4 Months
- Since its Jan. 8 launch, New York has accepted over $6.27 billion in total online sports betting handle, according to the New York State Gaming Commission.