iDEA Growth Member News
- Yahoo Finance, 5.10.22 – Sports betting seeing ‘zero impact’ from inflation, DraftKings CEO says
- While rising inflation rates have impacted a wide range of businesses from food and beverage brands to travel, DraftKings (DKNG) CEO Jason Robins told Yahoo Finance that the buzzword excuse for rising prices and cost cutting hasn’t impacted the sports betting industry.
- Sports Handle, 5.11.22 – Gambless Brings Responsible Gambling Into The App Age
- Gambless, which was a finalist for the annual Ifrah Pitch Competition (named after Jeff) at last month’s EGR North America East Coast Briefing in New York City, aims to provide an array of therapeutic tools to people who need — or think they might need — help with a gambling problem. The app includes diagnostic and risk-assessment tests to gauge how advanced a gambler’s problem might be, classes (free to those with serious issues) and articles on an array of gambling-related topics, coping exercises, an online diary, an AI-powered chatbot, and information about related conditions like depression and anxiety — all sourced from psychologists.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.11.22 – Does Anyone Want $20 Million Online Illinois Sports Betting Licenses?
- The Illinois Gaming Board (IGB) announced Thursday that only one operator had been approved for an IL sports betting license from four bidders.
- Play USA, 5.11.22 – March 2022 Sets New US Commercial Gambling Revenue Record
- According to the American Gaming Association, total US commercial gambling revenue in March came to $5.31 billion. That record month helped the first quarter of the year set more records.
Sports League News
- Play Michigan, 5.11.22 – USFL Losing Steam With Michigan Sports Bettors, TV Audience At Season’s Midpoint
- PointsBet Sportsbook MI indicated that the USFL is not finding much of a betting home, likening the action to what it gets with WNBA betting. However, PointsBet indicated trends are rising for WNBA while USFL’s are declining.
- Play Tenn, 5.11.22 – Metabilia Introduces Vlad & Acuna To DraftKings Marketplace
- Memorabilia and NFT company Metabilia is the latest brand at bat, partnering with DraftKings Marketplace for an exclusive launch. The second release of the collection drops this Wednesday and features Atlanta Braves favorite Ronald Acuña Jr.
- com, 5.11.22 – Maine Sports Betting: Wagering Nearing Legality as Bill Signed Into Law
- Sports betting has never been legal in Maine up until very recently, with bill LD 585 being officially signed into law on May 2nd by Gov. Mills. Following this, Maine is now edging closer and closer to launching online sports betting throughout the state.
- Sports Handle, 5.11.22 – Maryland Sports Betting Handle Slips To Nearly $27 Million For April
- Gross gaming revenue (GGR) totaled more than $2.8 million, as the 10.6% win rate marked the fourth time in five months of sports wagering that the statewide hold was 10% or better. With slightly more than $65,000 in promotional deductions, the state collected $415,801 in tax receipts for April, lifting the overall total since launch above $2 million.