- PlayUSA: IGT Reports Strong Q1 Earnings, Reaffirms 2023 Outlook
- International Game Technology, better known as IGT, just revealed financial results for the first quarter ending Mar. 31, 2023. The company which serves several major US online gambling companies kept pace with its previous standard. In its first three months of 2023, the gaming company has generated revenue of $1.06 billion, going slightly up by 0.8% year-over-year.
- SBC Americas: FanDuel, BetMGM, RSI Executives Hot On Online Casino Expansion Despite 2023 Woes
- Igaming expansion has been the missing piece on industry stakeholders’ bingo cards this year, with no movement on the legislative front in 2023. However, a star-studded lineup at SBC Summit North America was upbeat about the future of igaming in the US, enthusiastic about legalization efforts, as well as product development and bottom line figures.
- Gambling News: GAN Is Optimistic about 2023 Despite Suboptimal Q1 Results
- GAN, a major NA B2B provider of iGaming technology provider and an International B2C operator of online sports betting, has published its Q1 2023 report, highlighting its performance during the three months ended March 31. GAN reported total revenue of $35.1 million, representing a slight 6% year-on-year decrease.
- PlayKentucky: BetRivers Sportsbook Still Deciding ‘Whether To Enter’ Kentucky Market
- When Kentucky launches its sports betting industry, will BetRivers make the cut? That’s a decision for parent company Rush Street Interactive. There’s no date set in stone for when Kentucky sports betting will officially launch, but we know it will go live by December. In the meantime, the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission will hash out sports betting regulations and divvy up operator licenses.
- PlayMaryland: PointsBet Partnership With University Of Maryland Comes To An End
- When the University of Maryland and PointsBet Sportsbook came together to form a marketing partnership using both of their respective brands and audiences, there was an immense amount of excitement and hope in the air. Unfortunately, Maryland Executive Associate Athletic Director and Chief Strategy Officer Brian Ullmann’s prophecy conveyed through a press release that stated Maryland Athletics will, “lead boldly with the first deal of its kind in the Big Ten Conference and in the region,” fell extremely short.
- PlayMA: Betr Officially Launches Real Money Gaming In Massachusetts
- Betr has now launched its real money gaming product in Massachusetts, per a Thursday release from the company. Founded by sports betting veteran Joey Levy and social media giant Jake Paul, Betr is the world’s first app focused on microbetting. Sports betting apps in Massachusetts launched in March, and Betr is the seventh online operator to enter the market.
- PlayMichigan: Outgoing MGCB Communications Specialist Mary Kay Bean Reflects On Career
- Mary Kay Bean has done it all in the communications industry. Most recently, she has been the Communications Specialist and Public Information Officer for the Michigan Gaming Control Board since 2014. Her time with the MGCB will be coming to a close as of June 1, as Bean will be retiring following a career that spans over 40 years.
- PlayNY: Speed To Market, New Construction Among NY Casino Questions Raised By Wall Street
- New York does not appear to be in any hurry to award three downstate casino licenses or share information with the public about the process. The idle time is allowing industry experts, analysts and investors to speculate about any number of possibilities, some of which came up at a recent gambling conference in Atlantic City.
- CDC Gaming Reports: AGCO Moves Deadline For Consultation On Proposed Changes To Advertising Standards
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) has moved the deadline on industry stakeholder consultation of proposed changes to internet-gaming advertising to this Monday. The deadline was originally May 8. There’s been a lot of chatter of late around the issue of igaming advertising in the regulated Ontario market, both in terms of the volume of ads and the composition of the ads themselves.
- PlayTexas: House Advances Texas Sports Betting Legislation To Senate
- Sports betting in Texas cleared a historic hurdle Thursday, but the effort still faces a much taller hurdle. Lawmakers in the Texas House passed House Joint Resolution 102, which would legalize online sports betting in Texas through a constitutional amendment, and its enabling legislation, House Bill 1942. It is the first time either chamber in the Texas Legislature has passed a sports betting measure. The legislation moves to the Senate, where many believe the bills face inevitable failure.