iDEA Growth in the News
- Louis Post-Dispatch, 5.17.22 – Place your sports bets, but not in Missouri. Supporters look to next year
- “With sports betting now legal in Kansas and other neighboring states, Missouri has become a virtual island. But it won’t stop Missourians from betting. Residents will just travel out of state, or worse, place a misguided trust with illegal, offshore websites,” said John Pappas, state advocacy director for iDEA Growth, an online gaming industry group.
iDEA Growth Member News
- US BETS, 5.18.22 – Ask A Bookmaker With Johnny Avello: Booking The Golf Majors
- Respected bookmaker Johnny Avello has been involved in the betting industry since the 1970s and previously managed the Las Vegas sportsbooks at Bally’s and the Wynn. Now the director of race and sportsbook operations for DraftKings, Avello was recently inducted into the Sports Betting Hall of Fame.
- Play USA, 5.17.22 – BetMGM Gift Cards Now Available In 12 States
- For those who like to gamble with cash, retail casinos are often the destination of choice. BetMGM gift cards have already provided a way for those players to diversify their plays by accessing online gambling channels as well. Now, those options are available to even more people. BetMGM announced the expansion of its gift card distribution into more places in the United States. The gift cards convert cash into credit on BetMGM’s app but also help with responsible gambling as well.
- Play NY, 5.17.22 – Legal Sports Betting All About Integrity, Education For Former New York Giant Amani Toomer
- Toomer has been in the gambling space since 2019, when he joined Entain Foundation US as one of its trustees.“Integrity is the backbone of sports,” Toomer said. “And if people start thinking it’s (scripted like) WWE, it’s a problem.”
- Legal Sports Report, 5.17.22 – DraftKings, Bally Bet Line Up Kansas Sports Betting Entry
- On Monday, Dodge City’s Boot Hill Casino & Resort announced its KS sports betting partnerships with DraftKings and Bally Bet. Each of the four Kansas casinos can partner with up to three online sports betting platforms for the market, which likely will launch this fall.
- Play Michigan, 5.18.22 – Michigan Online Casinos Blowing Out Sports Betting In Creating Tax Revenue
- What the last 15 months have shown, is that online casinos are producing far more state and local tax revenue than online sports betting.
- Play USA, 5.17.22 – Michigan iGaming Revenue Breaks Record For Second Consecutive Month
- Like someone on a road trip who treats the GPS estimated time of arrival as a time to beat, Michiganders seem to treat monthly online casino and online poker revenue reports as a challenge. April of this year saw the Michigan iGaming revenue record fall again.
- Sports Handle, 5.17.22 – Minnesota Looks Doubtful To Legalize Sports Betting This Year
- The Minnesota House last week passed a sports betting bill that would put the state’s tribes in control of wagering, while a Senate attempt to attach more commercial-friendly language to a budget bill failed. The chambers remain at odds about who should control gaming, and it’s likely the session will close Monday without action on legal wagering.
- Play Pennsylvania, 5.17.22 – FanDuel Sportsbook and Online Casinos Highlight Five Key Takeaways from Strong April PA Gaming Revenue
- Pennsylvania sportsbooks began their seasonal slump in April taking $578.8 million in bets, about a 20% decrease from last month. However, it did not impact net revenue which hit $33.6 million for the month, a 10.7% MoM increase.