iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 5.20.21: Ohio Sports Teams, Grocers, And Bowling Alley Owners Not Happy With Proposed Sportsbook Bill (DraftKings mentioned)
- Spokespeople for all three organizations spoke in front of the Ohio Select Committee on Gaming Wednesday afternoon, complaining that the sports betting bill, as crafted, is a rotten egg. Or a 7-10 split. Or a misread scratch-off (lottery metaphors are objectively difficult to conjure up).
- Legal Sports Report, 5.21.21: Bill That Allows Sports Betting In Connecticut But Hurts Fantasy Passes House (DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- Connecticut’s House overwhelmingly approved HB 6451 122-21 just hours after it was hastily approved by a joint committee. That leaves approval for the Senate and Gov. Ned Lamont at the state level.
- Play USA, 5.20.21: Why Arizona Sports Betting Law Could Be A Huge Revenue Boost For State Pro Teams (John Pappas quoted and DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- It was no surprise that the law legalizing sportsbooks in Arizona and signed Gov. Doug Ducey signed was popular with pro team owners in the state.
- Play Michigan, 5.20.21: DraftKings Adds Spanish 21 As Michigan Online Casinos Continue to Boost Offerings
- DraftKings Casino has rolled out its self-built Spanish 21 game, the first of its kind in Michigan. The company already rolled out Spanish 21 in New Jersey.
- Play Michigan, 5.20.21: DraftKings Is Offering An Impressive $300 Free Bet. Here’s How To Get It.
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained is among the axioms for gambling. Michigan sports bettors can take a shot at earning a DraftKings $300 free bet right now, representing the latter half of that moniker.
- Play WV, 5.20.21: West Virginia Sportsbooks Present Several Promotions For NBA And NHL Playoffs (DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- The NBA and NHL playoffs are officially in full swing as both sports look to crown a champion for 2021. Besides there being plenty of betting opportunities at West Virginia sportsbooks for postseason games, there are also lots of deals available.
- SBC, 5.21.21: DraftKings Appoints Ex-Exiger And FBI Man Roy Pollitt For Regulatory Affairs
- DraftKings has announced the appointment of Roy Pollitt as its new Vice President of Regulatory Affairs. He joins the firm from Exiger where he was Managing Director, Head of Investigations for the global regulatory and financial crime, risk and compliance company.
- SBC, 5.21.21: Kosha Gada Joins PointsBet As Non-Executive Director
- PointsBet Holdings Limited, parent company of PointsBet USA, has confirmed the appointment of Kosha Gada – a seasoned executive with expertise at the nexus of media, technology, and digital business models – as an independent Non-Executive Director.
- Online Poker Report, 5.21.21: Connecticut Online Casino, Sports Betting Passes House
- On Thursday night, Gov. Ned Lamont tweeted a thanks to the House for bipartisan approval earlier in the day of “the agreement our administration reached that will bring Connecticut’s gaming, lottery and sports betting market into the future, positioning our state as a leader.”
- Sports Handle, 5.20.21: No Mobile, No Nebraska Football: Lawmakers Send Sports Betting Bill To Governor
- Nebraska lawmakers on Thursday became the latest to develop a framework around sports betting and send it to a governor after voters approved an expansion of gaming.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.21.21: Sports Betting In Louisiana Takes Step Forward For Second Straight Day
- The Senate passed the already House-approved HB 697, 32-4. The bill is returning to the House with the Senate bills. The Senate did not take action on the sports betting appropriations bill, SB 142, which was subject to call for a final passage Thursday.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.20.21: New Rules Emerge For Sports Betting In South Dakota
- The South Dakota Commission on Gaming approved a new set of regulations. It is the next step as SD prepares to launch sports betting in Deadwood later this year. Gov. Kristi Noem signed SB 44 into law March 18 after legislators moved quickly to enact the wishes of South Dakota voters from November 2020. The law goes into effect July 1.
- TN Bets, 5.20.21: Report: Alabama Sports Betting Still Has Chance In Special Session
- According to ALReporter.com, a special session could be held to pass the legislation that failed in the final days of the regular session earlier this month. Citing sources, the report said that there are enough votes in the House and Senate to deliver the package to Gov. Kay Ivey.
- Online Poker Report, 5.20.21: The Michigan Gaming Control Board’s New Executive Director Says Expanding Online Gaming Remains A Priority
- Expanding online gaming, as well as optimizing the current offerings, will be among Henry Williams‘ priorities during his six-year term as executive director of the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), he told Online Poker Report.