iDEA Growth Member News:
- Axios, 5.25.21: Exclusive: AP and FanDuel team up on sports betting odds (Mike Raffensperger quoted)
- FanDuel and The Associated Press have reached an agreement to make FanDuel the exclusive provider of sports odds across AP’s global sports report, executives tell Axios.
- SBC, 5.25.21: FanDuel Becomes Exclusive Odds Provider For Associated Press Global Sports Report (Adam Kaplan quoted)
- US non-profit news agency Associated Press and sportsbook and DFS operator FanDuel Group have today announced a new agreement, under the terms of which FanDuel becomes the exclusive provider of sports odds across AP’s global sports report.
- Play Illinois, 5.24.21: PointsBet, WNBA Announce Partnership With Implications For Chicago Sky Fans
- A partnership between PointsBet and the WNBA will have several implications for fans who like to bet on the Chicago Sky. Some of the changes will be apparent and immediate, while other implications will remain elusive for the time being.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.24.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: Will Mobile FL Wagering Hold Up? (DraftKings, FanDuel mentioned)
- Last week’s sports betting news centered on two states legalizing mobile sports betting, though just one did so definitely.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 5.24.21: Bump In The Road Ahead For Legal Sports Betting In Canada?
- Even dropping back down to even-money from a heavy favorite, there still seems to be optimism that legal single-game wagering will make its way to Canada before the kickoff of the NFL season. The wide support from powerful industry stakeholders and sports leagues is something that was lacking previously.
- WFSB, 5.25.21: State Senate Expected To Give Final Approval For Online Gaming, Sports Betting
- Final approval on a bill that would allow online gaming and sports betting is expected from the Connecticut State Senate on Tuesday.
- Florida Phoenix, 5.25.21: Seminole Tribe To Defend New FL Gambling Compact At Federal Level: We ‘Have Our Work Cut Out For Us’
- Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Seminole Tribe of Florida are celebrating their success last week in advancing a 30-year agreement on gambling worth at least $2.5 billion to Florida over the next five years and much more over the next three decades. But did they succeed in crafting an agreement that will survive legal challenges at the state and federal levels?
- IGB, 5.25.21: Louisiana Betting Tax Bill Moves to Governor After Senate Approval
- A Louisiana sports betting bill dictating tax rates, licensing fees and other sports wagering requirements within the state has been approved by the Senate, meaning both houses have now passed the bill.
- Play Tenn, 5.24.21: Tennessee Produces More Sports Betting Tax Than All But Three States
- When it comes to sports betting tax revenue, the state of Tennessee ranks fourth in the nation. The Volunteer State has accumulated almost $16 million in state privilege tax over the past five months. That figure is pretty remarkable when you realize the Tennessee sports betting industry is just six months old.
- US Bets, 5.24.21: The Top 3 Items To Follow In The New Ohio Sports Betting Bill
- On May 6, the state unveiled the first OH sports betting bill to lackluster applause. Days later, the Senate said it would introduce a substitute bill to fix some of the issues with the original draft. Now that Ohio is officially in the mix to legalize sports betting, it’s only right to break down key line items to watch moving forward.
- Action Network, 5.24.21: Arizona Sports Betting Launch Moves One Step Closer to Legalization by Football Season
- An Arizona sports betting launch by the 2021 football season seems increasingly likely after federal officials signed off on the state’s tribal gaming compact ahead of a June deadline.
- IGB, 5.25.21: Arizona Set For Legal Sports Betting As DoI Approves Gaming Compact
- The US Department of Interior (DoI) has given its approval to a tribal-state gaming compact bill in Arizona, clearing the way for legal sports betting to launch in the state.