- Play USA, 5.24.22 – Move Over New Jersey, Pennsylvania Is Number One In US Online Gaming Revenue
- When it comes to online casinos, Pennsylvania has now dusted its rival and eastern neighbor. The April numbers for online casino and poker room revenue show that Pennsylvania, not New Jersey, is now the top in the US. Pennsylvania brought in $138 million in April while New Jersey had $136.9 million.
Sports League News
- Play Michigan, 5.25.22 – BetMGM’s Red Wings Slingo Latest In Detroit Sports Themed Online Casino Games
- Red Wings Slingo is a new exclusive game to BetMGM Michigan‘s online casino, and it joins a handful of Michigan online casino games that feature a Detroit sports theme.
- Play CA, 5.25.22 – GAN Software Company All-in On CA Gambling Proposals
- The CEO of software supplier GAN sees the competing California ballot proposals as a win-win for his company. One would limit sports betting to tribal casinos. The other would allow non-tribal operators to offer mobile sports wagering. GAN is situated to prosper if either gambling initiative passes, CEO Dermot Smurfit says.
- SBC Americas, 5.25.22 – Minnesota sports betting forced to wait until 2023
- The Minnesota Senate failed to pass sports betting legislation this past weekend before adjourning, meaning the state will now have to wait until 2023 for sports wagering to be legalized.
- Play NY, 5.25.22 – Morgan Stanley: New York Sports Betting Could Bring $1.7 Billion In Revenues By 2025
- New York projects to amass a US-high $1.7 billion in total gross gaming revenue from sports betting in 2025, according to Morgan Stanley. From Jan. 8 launch through May 15, NY online sportsbooks have amassed $6.9 billion in handle, $493.1 million in total GGR and $251.5 million in tax revenue. At this pace, New York could hit $1 billion in total revenue in 2022.
- Play NY, 5.24.22 – Cuomo Spokesman Blasts Critics As New York Claims Online Sports Betting Tax Revenue Record
- With New York quickly surpassing all other states in tax revenue from online sports betting, a spokesman for ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo blasted opponents of the state’s controversial 51% tax rate.
- Play Ohio, 5.24.22 – Ohio Sportsbooks Can Advertise and Acquire Customers Before Launch
- By the first of next month, the Ohio Casino Control Commission intends to announce the launch date for sportsbooks to operate in the state. However, sportbooks in Ohio can advertise now, before the official sports betting launch date.
- Play WV, 5.24.22 – WV Online Casinos Rake In More Than $8 Million In April Revenue
- Even though the West Virginia online casinos didn’t match their record-setting output from March, they still performed well in April. They combined to produce more than $8 million in revenue, about $340,000 shy of the month prior.