iDEA Growth Member News
- SBC Americas, 5.26.22 – 888 goes live with SI Sportsbook in Virginia
- Online betting and gaming firm 888 has gone live with the SI Sportsbook in the state of Virginia, its second US state launch.
- Legal Sports Report, May 26.22 – Opinion: Sportsbooks Might Hate It, But NY Winning Sports Betting Game
- In just four months of mobile operations, New York state has generated more than $216 million in tax revenue from sports betting. Add to that the roughly $4 million the state collected from in-person wagering at the small number of upstate casinos that began accepting bets in July 2019.
- Sports Handle, 5.25.22 – Here’s How FanDuel Is Navigating Ontario’s Unique Landscape
- When wagering first began in Ontario, FanDuel ran responsible gaming ads for the first five days. Why? It was a way to build brand recognition in a market that has stringent advertising and marketing regulations that are markedly different from those in most U.S. states.
- Online Poker Report, 5.25.22 – Playtech Gives TTB Deadline For Investor Group’s Bid
- Playtech is ready to be courted. On Friday, the Isle of Man-based online gambling software supplier issued a statement saying that its current suitor has until June 17 to make an offer to buy the company.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.26.22 – Why Hot Tech Scene In Ontario Bodes Well For Sports Betting Future
- Commercial Ontario sports betting launched in April, adding fuel to an already growing technology industry in Toronto. While sportsbooks clamored to enter ON sports betting, the online gaming industry had already established roots in the province’s largest city. The industry’s potential impact on Ontario is well-known by those in the business community in Toronto.
- Play US, 5.25.22 – 2022 Gubernatorial Races & Gambling: 3 Midwestern States With Expansion In Play
- 2022 gubernatorial elections might not be on the minds of many Midwesterners in the US in May. However, the way they vote in November could determine the course of gambling expansion in three Midwest states. In all three of these states, recent legislative efforts have dealt with online gambling. They all could see renewed efforts in their next legislative terms, perhaps with new occupants of their chief executive offices.
- Play CA, 5.25.22 – Teachers Union Comes Out Against California Sports Betting Operator Initiative
- The California Teachers Association announced opposition to the online gambling proposition backed by sportsbook operators. The announcement came Monday as the influential teachers union took positions on many propositions expected to make the November ballot.
- Play Colorado, 5.25.22 – With New Measure, Colorado First U.S. State to Amend Free Play Policies
- Colorado’s recent gaming legislation was focused on better funding the state’s responsible gambling efforts. And State House Bill 22-1402 will do just that, providing up to $3 million annually to that cause once it is signed into law by Gov. Jared Polis.
- Play Iowa, 5.25.22 – Iowa Legislature Ends Year; Gambling Changes Head To Governor’s Desk
- The Iowa House and Iowa Senate agreed to amendments and passed the state’s all-in-one gambling bill on Monday. The chambers gaveled out the 2022 legislative session just after midnight on Wednesday.
- MI Bets, 5.26.22 – Michigan Governor In A Pinch Over Tribal Casino Expansion Request
- The U.S. Department of the Interior has put Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer into a pickle. The DOI is currently considering whether to approve the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians’ request to build a casino on 60 acres in Muskegon County, as reported by the Michigan Advance. But that land, according to the Grand River Bands of Ottawa Indians, is their “treaty land,” and they oppose the Little River Band casino plan. The Grand River Bands are seeking to become federally recognized.
- Play Ohio, 5.25.22 – 5 Sports Betting Mistakes And Lessons Learned From Ohio’s Neighbors
- The rust belt was fairly quick to get in on legalized sports betting. And while Ohio is mostly following its neighbors to the party, it’s rolling up fashionably late as the gold standard.
- Play Virginia, 5.26.22 – Virginia’s Improved Treatment Services For Problem Gambling
- The Virginia Council on Problem Gambling (VCPG) recently announced the creation of the Virginia Partnership for Gaming and Health (VPGH). This VPGH focuses on improving treatment services for problem gamblers in the Old Dominion.