- News Center Maine, 5.1.21 – New bills to allow sports betting in Maine make their way to the legislature
- With other New England states cashing in on sports betting, Maine’s legislature is taking another look at making it legal for the locals.
- Elite Sports NY, 5.3.21 – Maine Holds Public Hearing For Several Sports Betting Bills
- Several potential bills to legalize Maine sports betting were discussed last week by Maine lawmakers in the Senate Committee on Veterans and Legal Affairs.
- Fox 2, 5.2.21 – Experts say online sports betting has spiked calls to the Michigan gambling hotline
- Online sports betting became legal in January of this year, and calls to the Michigan Gambling Hotline increased. Experts say then, those calls were from people who misunderstood the point of the hotline.
- ABC 7, 5.3.21 – Calls to Michigan gambling helpline spiked in February, 1 month after online betting began
- Calls to Michigan’s helpline for people struggling with gambling addiction spiked early this year, and researchers believe the timing is linked to the start of online gambling.
- WTOP, 5.1.21 – Will Maryland lawmakers get what they want from sports betting?
- The bill to legalize sports betting that passed both the Maryland House and Senate last month was significantly different from the initial legislation introduced, most notably for how many licenses it ultimately allowed for – 60.
- Sports Handle, 4.30.21 – Virginia Clears $304M In March Handle Thanks To NCAA Tournament
- The Virginia Lottery reported a March sports betting handle of $304 million, with action on the NCAA tournament accounting for more than one-quarter of the money wagered.
- Play Virginia, 4.30.21 – VIRGINIA SPORTS BETTORS WAGERED $304M IN MARCH, TOPPING FEBRUARY BY 14%
- Sports bettors wagered more than $300 million at Virginia online sportsbooks in March, an increase of 14% over February, which was the first full month of legal betting.
- Tampa Bay Times, 5.2.21 – Florida gambling deal faces legal questions
- Experts are divided about whether the Florida constitution requires statewide voter approval to legalize spots betting.
- Fox 51, 5.2.21 – Florida’s gambling deal faces legal questions
- After years of legal wrangling and failed attempts to seal a deal, Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Seminole Tribe of Florida have nailed down a gambling agreement to bring sports betting to the state and rake at least $2.5 billion into state coffers within five years.
- US Bets, 4.30.21 – New Compact Grants Seminoles Clout In Florida, And That’s Nothing New For Influential Tribe
- If it seems like the Florida Seminoles have worked out a good deal for themselves to expand their gambling empire by sports betting and other means in a new compact with the state, that is no accident.
- Play Colorado, 5.1.21 – COLORADO SPORTS BETTING CELEBRATES FIRST BIRTHDAY AFTER A WILD YEAR
- The first year of sports betting in Colorado is in the books. And was it ever unique.