iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 5.1.20 – Save The Date: Stars Group, Flutter To Become One On May 5
- Gambling giants Flutter and The Stars Group (TSG) took the industry by surprise last year in announcing their planned union.
- Sports Handle, 5.1.20 – Four Go Live Within First Hour Of Colorado Legal Sports Betting (DraftKings)
- There were no big gatherings with ribbon cuttings or ceremonial first bets by local celebrities, but the four licensed operators that went live in Colorado Friday morning did what they could to make a virtual party.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.1.20 – A Royal Arrival: DraftKings Online Casino Now Reigns In PA
- Time to roll out the red carpet. DraftKings Casino is now fully operational in Pennsylvania and available 24/7 following successful testing periods on April 28 and 29.
- Sports Handle, 5.1.20 – Get A Grip: Colorado Launches, Virginia Done Deal, When Sports May Return, More
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news and rounding up key stories.
- The Guardian, 5.2.20 – Veteran Online Poker Players Cash In During Lockdown Surge
- The four US states with legal online poker sites – New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware, and Pennsylvania – reported record revenues in March.
Sports League News:
- The New York Times, 5.1.20 – Wild Ideas To Bring Back Sports Might Say More About Cities Than Leagues
- MGM Resorts International, in hard-hit Las Vegas, has proposed audacious plans to the leagues to come back in a quarantined environment.
- PlayNJ, 5.1.20 – Getting Back To Business: NBA Explores Options Including Walt Disney World
- When will the NBA restart the 2019-20 season?
- NJ.Com, 5.1.20 – NJ Losing Billions In Epic Tax Revenue Shortfall. These Stunning Examples Show How Bad It Is
- Wagering at New Jersey sportsbooks was way down in March, with a 63% decrease from February and a 51% decrease from March 2019.
- Elite Sports NY, 5.2.20 – NY Online Sports Betting Support Grows Due To COVID-19
- The current shutdown in the sports world is the perfect opportunity for New York to move forward with online sports betting. State Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr. is pushing a “Plan, Pass, and Prepare” strategy that aims to have Governor Andrew Cuomo sign the bill into law by Dec. 31, 2020.
- WV Metro News, 5.3.20 – Lottery Ready To File Emergency Rule For iGaming
- The state Lottery Commission will submit an emergency rule to the Secretary of State later this month governing the establishment of iGaming in West Virginia.
- PlayMichigan, 5.1.20 – Casino In Michigan’s Upper Peninsula Will Reopen Next Week
- After being closed for more than a month, one Upper Peninsula tribal casino will open Wednesday.
- PlayMichigan, 5.1.20 – Political Climate In Lansing Will Continue To Impact Casinos
- The newest stay-at-home order in Michigan specifically prohibited Detroit’s three casinos and the state’s one horse racing track from opening.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.4.20 – Competitive Colorado Market Meets Target Launch Date (subscription paywall)
- Despite the lack of betting options in the American sports scene, four operators remained ready and willing to launch on Friday on the first day of legal sports wagering in Colorado.
- Denver Business Journal, 5.1.20 – Sports-Betting Launch Comes At Unique Time For Beleaguered Colorado Casino Industry (subscription paywall)
- Six casinos will meet the May 1 launch date for online-betting apps even without any active U.S. sports — and more will follow later this month.
- PlayColorado, 5.1.20 – Despite Hurdles, Colorado Sports Betting Officially Opens Today
- Colorado sports betting is open for business, beginning at 10 a.m. last Friday.
- PlayColorado, 5.1.20 – Sports Betting In Colorado Sees Smooth Launch
- As of 10 a.m. on Friday (May 1), users could choose between four apps to begin their wagering in Colorado.
- PlayColorado, 5.1.20 – Colorado Allows Betting On Pesäpallo (Finish Baseball) To Tide Fans Over
- The Colorado Rockies aren’t playing right now, but what if you could still enjoy jaw-dropping fielding and powerful home runs? Pesäpallo, also known as Finnish baseball, has you covered.
- EGR, 5.1.20 – Roar Secures Colorado Partner As State Launches Sports Betting
- Roar has secured a market access partnership with Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino to enter Colorado, as the state prepares to launch betting at 10am local time.
- Gambling Compliance, 5.4.20 – Nevada Regulators Release Casino Reopening Protocol (subscription paywall)
- The Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) has published health and safety requirements for the reopening of the state’s casino industry, with guidelines that include strict social distancing rules.
- PlayNevada, 5.1.20 – Gameco Video Game Gambling Machines Pass Field Trial
- This week, GameCo announced the successful completion of the Field Trial for its Video Game Gambling platform in Nevada.