Industry News of the Day for May 5, 2020
iDEA Growth in the News:
- Gaming Law Review, 5.5.20 – New Jersey Charts A Path To Success For Online Gaming (iDEA Growth mentioned; Ifrah Law)
- New Jersey is reaping huge benefits from its gamble in 2013 to legalize Internet gaming (“I-gaming” or “online gaming”), and the economic boom has far exceeded what many though possible.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- iGB North America, 5.4.20 – DraftKings Launches Online Casino In Pennsylvania
- Real money gaming and fantasy sports operator DraftKings has announced the launch of its new online casino product in the state of Pennsylvania.
- SBC News, 5.5.20 – Martin Lycka – April Lockdown Can Never Be Forgotten
- GVC’s Director of Regulatory Affairs Martin Lycka reviews the events of a world-changing April 2020, in which tough lessons have been learnt, by the lived experience of working and adjusting to national lockdown orders.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.4.20 – The Week In Sports Betting News: Colorado Sports Betting Launches
- It feels surreal that we’re closing in on our second full month without major sports. But despite the shutdown, sports betting news has remained fairly steady.
- Associated Press, 5.4.20 – New Jersey, Leagues Await Word In Sports Betting Suit
- The major sports leagues are waiting to see if the U.S. Supreme Court will hear their arguments on whether they have to pay millions to a New Jersey horse racing association over sports betting litigation.
- PlayNJ, 5.4.20 – New Jersey Online Casinos Have Big Shoes To Fill With AC Casinos Closed; Can They Do It?
- With the state of New Jersey under a stay-at-home order until further notice, Atlantic City casinos remain shuttered.
- NJTV, 5.4.20 – What Reopened Casinos In Atlantic City Could Look Like
- Things are going to be different when Atlantic City’s casinos finally reopen, according to Steve Callender.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.4.20 – When Will PA Casinos Reopen? What Will They Look Like When They Do?
- As of March 25, all 465 commercial casinos in the United States closed. It marks the first time in history all casinos in the country have closed.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.4.20 – Ready To Run? PA Horse Racing Commission Formally Asks Gov. Wolf To Reopen Tracks
- The Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission has formally asked Gov. Tom Wolf to give special consideration for allowing horse racing to resume with safety protocols as part of easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- PlayPennsylvania, 5.4.20 – NASCAR Revs Up For Live-Action Return, With PA Betting Odds To Come
- Earlier this week, NASCAR announced that its racing season would resume May 17 at Darlington Raceway in South Carolina.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.4.20 – New Virginia Sports Betting Timeline Could Bring Special Christmas Present
- A preliminary schedule drafted by the state lottery suggests Virginia sports betting could start by late December.
- PlayWV, 5.4.20 – WV Online Casino Delay Looks Even Worse During Pandemic
- In March 2019, West Virginia became the third state to legalize online sports betting, online casinos and online poker.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.5.20 – Online Michigan Sports Betting Needs This One Major Assist To Go Live By Fall
- Online Michigan sports betting and gaming could launch this fall if new regulations can wrangle an emergency designation, according to one insider.
- Politico, 5.5.20 – Betting On Chicago Casino
- Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot is ready to roll the dice on a casino, and state lawmakers and Gov. J.B. Pritzker support her.
- Legal Sports Report, 5.5.20 – Who Dat? Louisiana Sports Betting Bills Pop Up In Senate Committee
- A bill to put legalizing Louisiana sports betting in front of voters could move through a state legislative committee Tuesday.
- SBC Americas, 5.5.20 – AmericanGambler.Com Live In Colorado With Third License In Six Months
- Independent betting affiliate AmericanGambler.com has joined a host of companies this week that became operative in Colorado.
- PlayUSA, 5.4.20 – Nevada Casino Gaming Revenue Plummets Down 40% In March
- Last week the Nevada Gaming Control Board reported that the amount of money won by Nevada casinos in March fell by almost 40% compared to the same period last year.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, 5.4.20 – Westgate ‘Thrilled’ To Reopen Betting App This Week
- The wait is almost over for the Westgate sportsbook team. The sportsbook plans to reopen its app at 9 a.m. Thursday after being shut down along with the casino in March.