iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.1.19 – Penn National Gaming Wants Another Media Partner For Online Sportsbook (DraftKings, The Stars Group)
- Penn National knows it doesn’t have an in-house sports brand to launch an online sportsbook in the 19 states where it operates.
- Online Poker Report, 10.31.19 – Online Gambling A Big Sandbox For Yahoo, MGM To Play In (GVC, The Stars Group)
- On Tuesday, Yahoo and MGM Resorts announced an exclusive partnership to power sports betting for Yahoo Sports and “create collaborative content experiences and live events.”
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.31.19 – Philadelphia Eagles And Unibet Partner Up, But For Casino, Not Sports Betting
- The Philadelphia Eagles didn’t make any splashy acquisitions before the NFL trade deadline expired.
- Sports Handle, 11.1.19 – NIGA Executive Director Jason Giles On Sports Betting: Unique Communities, Path Forward
- In this conversation with Jason Giles, Executive Director of the National Indian Gaming Association, we discuss the sports betting opportunity for tribal gaming stakeholders, their specific concerns, and shifting attitudes.
- Sports Handle, 10.31.19 – Michigan Lawmaker On Sports Betting: ‘What Does The Governor’s Office Want?’
- A day after Michigan’s House Ways and Means Committee easily moved a package of iGaming and sports betting bills onto the House floor, the full House passed the sports betting measure, 63-45, and iGaming, 62-46, Wednesday afternoon.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.1.19 – Oklahoma Tribes, Attorney General Face Stalemate Over Gaming Compact Negotiations (subscription paywall)
- Discussions about Oklahoma’s tribal gaming compacts began in earnest this week without any breakthrough between tribes and the governor’s office, but observers are confident a resolution can be reached without a court battle.
- Play WV, 10.31.19 – WV Online Sports Betting Earns More Than Retail For The First Time Since Its Return
- The West Virginia sports betting market came back down to earth for the week of Oct. 19. After setting a new state record for overall betting handle a week ago, WV sportsbooks saw betting action reduce by about $1 million.
- WSBT, 11.1.19 – Local Casinos Say Sports Betting Is Proving A Big Boost In Business
- WSBT 22 is digging deeper into the success of sports gambling in Indiana two months after it became legal.
- WMUR, 10.31.19 – 9 New Hampshire Cities Poised To Vote On Allowing A Retail Sports Betting Presence
- People in nine Granite State cities will be voting whether to allow sports betting in their communities.
- Business Insider, 10.31.19 – ‘I’ve Been Stunned’: Why Iowa Could Be The Next Hot Market For Sports Betting, According To Industry Insiders (subscription paywall)
- The state of Iowa could be a sleeper hit for sports betting, some industry insiders say.
- The Denver Post, 10.31.19 – Endorsement: Yes On Prop. DD To Let Sports Gambling Fund Our Water Needs
- As more than a dozen other states rush to legalize sports betting and online gambling sweeps the nation, Colorado should jump on the bandwagon.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.31.19 – The One Factor Holding Back Rhode Island Sports Betting Handle
- Rhode Island sports betting had a strong September showing as the start of the NFL season helped to more than double August’s handle.
- Fox 40, 10.31.19 – Betting On The Ballot: Voters Could Decide Future Of Sports Betting In California
- A year from now, Californians may be voting on whether to have legalized sports betting available in casinos, card rooms, and maybe even in stadiums and arenas across the state.
Sports League News:
- Palm Springs Desert Sun, 10.31.19 – PGA Tour Bringing Betting To Its Events – But Not In California
- You might have missed it because of the news of Tiger Woods winning his record-tying 82nd PGA Tour victory at the event or the fact that the tournament was in Japan so the news cycle is off a little from this country, but the commissioner of the PGA Tour said last week that live on-site gambling options will be coming to the PGA Tour in 2020.