iDEA Growth Member News:
- Play NJ, 11.12.19 – DraftKings And Resorts ‘Share The Same Vision’ In Growing Their Atlantic City Sportsbook
- Last week, the DraftKings Sportsbook app went live in Pennsylvania. And Nov. 20 will mark the one-year anniversary of the DraftKings Sportsbook at Resorts Atlantic City.
- Play NJ, 11.12.19 – 3 Unexpected Lessons Learned From 6 Years Of Online Poker In New Jersey (PokerStars)
- The New Jersey online poker industry turns 6 years old later this month. It is no secret online poker has struggled to find any momentum, and continues to show declining trends year after year.
- SBC News, 11.13.19 – Indiana Marks Sixth US State For SBTech
- SBTech has entered its sixth US state in less than 18 months by launching an on-property sportsbook at Rising Star Casino in Indiana under the BetAmerica brand.
- Penn Bets, 11.13.19 – Unibet Arrives As Latest PA Online Gambling Option
- Unibet arrived online in Pennsylvania Tuesday to give the state’s gamblers one more sports betting and casino option, but not without some hiccups.
- US Bets, 11.12.19 – U.S. Sportsbooks Waiting On Regulatory OK For Betting On Chess (Kambi)
- It appears to be a matter of time before the nascent U.S. sports betting industry takes its first bet on one of the oldest and most storied games in the world.
- SBC Americas, 11.12.19 – Extended DraftKings Sportradar Deal Will Bring Fans Closer To The Action
- DraftKings and Sportradar have confirmed that there will be a long-term extension to their existing partnership, in which Sportradar will continue to be DraftKings’ supplier for data feeds and bet stimulation content.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.12.19 – This Week In Sports Betting: Here Come Colorado And Illinois
- We’re here to recap what happened in the sports betting world last week.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.12.19 – Optimal Sportsbook Revenues Elusive For New York, Iowa Without Full Online Betting
- The release of sports betting figures in Iowa and New York continues to show why a full mobile sports betting component is needed for a healthy industry.
- Sports Handle, 11.12.19 – University Compliance Officers: Sports Betting Education Never Ends
- Compliance officers from three universities share what it takes to keep student-athletes away from sports betting.
- Press Of Atlantic City, 11.12.19 – Should Atlantic City Get A Cut Of Sports Betting Tax Revenue?
- Sports betting has been an undeniable boon for the city’s casinos and their online gaming partners, while also helping to grow the state’s tax coffers.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.13.19 – High-Tax Pennsylvania Sports Betting Could Provide New Model For Future States (subscription paywall)
- As another round of state legislatures considering sports betting awaits at the beginning of 2020, one question that lingers around the industry is how legislators in those new states will react to the results of the high-tax Pennsylvania model.
- Sports Handle, 11.12.19 – Georgia Pro Teams Form Coalition Pushing For Legal Online Sports Betting
- All four of Georgia’s major professional sports teams have banded together, writing in an open letter that they support legal mobile and internet sports betting on professional sports, but not on college sports.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, 11.12.19 – Atlanta Pro Sports Execs Calls For Legalizing Sports Betting
- The chief executives of Atlanta’s top four professional sports teams want the General Assembly to legalize sports betting in Georgia.
- Play WV, 11.12.19 – Sharing Is Caring: Fluharty To Introduce Bill Allowing College Athletes To Profit From Endorsements
- The NCAA is considering to allow college athletes to earn income from endorsement deals. Now, Delegate Shawn Fluharty (D-Ohio) is planning to introduce a similar measure in the West Virginia Legislature next session.
- The Indianapolis Star, 11.13.19 – Indiana Sees $91.7M In Sports Bets During Second Month Of Legal Wagering
- Indiana saw a big boost in its second month of legal sports gambling with the highly anticipated launch of regulated mobile sports betting, new data released by the Indiana Gaming Commission shows.
- The Gazette, 11.13.19 – Fast-Growing Iowa Sports Betting Still Has ‘Potential’ For Growth
- Iowa gamblers continue to double down on sports wagering in their rookie year, placing $46.5 million in bets last month that pushed the overall handle for wagers online or in person to $93.6 million since it became legal in mid-August.
- Play USA, 11.12.19 – Colorado Voters Legalize Sports Betting, Target Date Set For First Sportsbook
- With the public voting in favor of passing Proposition DD – by less than 2.5 percentage points – legalized sports betting is now on its way to Colorado.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.13.19 – Oklahoma Gaming Tribes Refuse Arbitration In Compact Dispute (subscription paywall)
- Oklahoma tribes that operate casinos have refused the state’s offer to go into arbitration over a dispute begun by the governor about the renewal of their gaming compacts, according to a letter addressed to the state attorney general Mike Hunter.