iDEA Growth Member News:
- PlayMichigan, 11.13.20 – What To Know About The 15 Online Casino Apps Coming To Michigan (Golden Nugget, DraftKings, FanDuel, GVC)
- When online casinos launch in Michigan, the Great Lakes State will become just the fifth state to do so.
- SBC Americas, 11.13.20 – FanDuel Prepared For Flying Start In Michigan With Early Registration
- Michigan is getting closer to launching online sports betting, and FanDuel is making sure it is first in line to gain customers when it goes live according to sports data firm Lineups.com.
- Online Poker Report, 11.12.20 – BetMGM Part Owner GVC To Attempt Corporate Metamorphosis
- GVC Holdings has unveiled a new corporate identity. Pending shareholder approval, it will discard its current name before the year’s end, and go by Entain instead.
- iGB North America, 11.13.20 – BetMGM Hires Andrew Hagopian As Chief Legal Officer
- GVC Holdings’ and MGM Resorts International’s joint digital venture, BetMGM, has hired former MGM Resorts chief corporate counsel Andrew Hagopian as its chief legal officer.
- Sports Handle, 11.12.20 – Sports Betting Smorgasbord: Masters Sunday, NFL Sunday One In Same
- DraftKings is offering a crossover wagering opportunity.
- Associated Press, 11.12.20 – NCAA Voices Concern Over Prop Bets On College Athletes
- An NCAA official voiced concern Thursday over sports betting on the performance of individual college athletes, and she suggested that gambling regulators consider restrictions on such wagers to protect the integrity of the games.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.13.20 – NCAA Continuing Push For Federal Sports-Betting Regulation (subscription paywall)
- A National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) official said Thursday that the organization will continue to push for a federal framework to regulate sports betting in the United States.
- US Bets, 11.12.20 – NCAA Speaks Up On Its Sports Betting Sentiments
- The NCAA’s Naima Stevenson Starks discussed the NCAA’s acceptance of the legal U.S. sports betting reality, and its views on a surprising recent partnership as well as goals going forward.
Sports League News:
- Jacksonville Business Journal, 11.13.20 – Inside The PGA Tour’s Strategy – And Hopes – For Expanded Betting
- Someone could have made a lot of money during the 2019 Masters if they placed a prop bet on the number of golfers who would dumped their tee shots into the water in the final round. Making a bet like that might soon be easier.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, 11.12.20 – New Jersey College Sports Betting Loophole One Step Closer To Being Closed
- Betting on Rutgers and other Garden State schools in New Jersey took another step forward this week when a constitutional amendment passed in committee.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.12.20 – Penn National, Wynn Resorts Lobby For Control Of Massachusetts Sports Betting
- At least two of the casino operators in Massachusetts are against state politicians simply handing sports betting to any operation but themselves.
- Boston Business Journal, 11.12.20 – Casinos Aim To Control Sports Betting Market
- The companies that have invested millions of dollars and hired thousands of employees to work at Massachusetts gaming facilities should be the ones to control the sports wagering world here if lawmakers legalize the activity, two of the state’s three casino operators told Beacon Hill leaders.
- iGB North America, 11.13.20 – NY Betting Grows In First Full Month After Lockdown
- Sports betting revenue from New York’s commercial casinos increased 18.8% year-on-year in October, while the state Gaming Commission also reported significant month-on-month growth.
- Richmond Times-Dispatch, 11.12.20 – 25 Companies Apply To Offer Sports Betting In Virginia; Up To 12 Licenses Will Be Awarded
- Virginians will have no shortage of options when mobile betting on sports goes live early next year. Under rules approved by the General Assembly this year, the Virginia Lottery can award up to 12 permits to companies who wish to enter the market.
- PlayVirginia, 11.12.20 – There Are A Lot Of Sportsbooks In Line For Virginia Sports Betting, As 25 Apply
- Based on the number of sportsbook applications the Virginia Lottery has received, the commonwealth could soon be a booming sports-betting market.
- PlayColorado, 11.12.20 – TheScore Introduces Bet Section To Colorado Sports Betting Market
- As Colorado grows into sports betting, users are on the lookout for why they should choose one app or the other.