- Sports Handle, 11.17.20 – A US Sports Betting September To Remember With Nearly $2.9B In Handle
- Throughout September, there was neither a lack of sporting events nor seemingly any escape from them.
- US Bets, 11.18.20 – October On Track To Exceed $3 Billion In National Sports Betting Handle
- New Jersey and Pennsylvania alone are up almost $120 million over their record-breaking September figures.
- PlayUSA, 11.17.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Trouble In Michigan As Online Sports Betting Likely Pushed To 2021
- Those who held out “hope” that Michigan online sports betting and iGaming would arrive by Thanksgiving will be devastated to know — the odds aren’t looking good.
Overall Industry News:
- Gambling Compliance, 11.18.20 – Media Companies Tout Various Approaches To US Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- As media companies continue to reach partnerships to capitalize on the burgeoning U.S. sports-betting market, the deals have shown that there are many different approaches they can employ.
- Rolling Stone, 11.17.20 – The Future Of Entertainment: How Sports Betting Will Change The Game
- A look at the shifting landscape of sports media and what industry leaders need to know about consumer preferences.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.18.20 – Former Tribal Gaming Regulator Oversees Transition At Interior Department (subscription paywall)
- The top federal official for Indian gaming during the Obama administration is leading the transition at the U.S. Department of the Interior as President-Elect Joe Biden prepares to succeed President Donald Trump on January 20.
- PlayNJ, 11.17.20 – 5 Reasons Why NJ Online Casinos Leapt To $93.4 Million October Record
- The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement released October numbers Friday, and NJ online casino revenue came in at $93.4 million. It tops the previous all-time high of $87.7 million set in August.
- NJ Online Gambling, 11.17.20 – New York’s Latest Sports Betting Earnings A Pittance Compared To New Jersey’s
- For the year 2020, New Jersey’s casinos, racetracks, and their online sports betting app partners have raked in $281.6 million while their New York counterparts have totaled a mere $6.2 million.
- iGB North America, 11.18.20 – EveryMatrix Applies For New Jersey Gaming License
- iGaming technology supplier EveryMatrix has filed a gaming license application with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE), as it steps up plans to carve out market share in the US.
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 11.17.20 – Five Lessons Learned In Two Years Of Legal Sports Gambling In Pennsylvania
- Sports gambling was not a novel concept when it launched legally in Pennsylvania on Nov. 17, 2018.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.17.20 – Did Pennsylvania Sports Betting Promo Spending Really Drop In October?
- Pennsylvania became the third US jurisdiction to eclipse the half-billion dollar sports betting handle mark in a single month.
- PlayPennsylvania, 11.17.20 – Happy Two Years, PA Sports Betting: Handle Surpasses $500M in October, $4B Lifetime
- Pennsylvania’s sports betting market continues to outdo itself. Sportsbook operators combined to post a record-breaking $525.8 million handle in October.
- Sports Handle, 11.17.20 – Virginia Sports Betting Could Launch By Super Bowl; Casinos In Spring 2022
- In a presentation to the House of Delegates Appropriations Committee Tuesday, Virginia Lottery Director Kevin Hall confirmed that he’s aiming for launch in early 2021 of sports betting and in spring 2022 for the four new casinos approved by voters this month.
- PlayVirginia, 11.17.20 – 4 For 4: Virginia Casino Cities Move Forward Following Certified Election Results
- With local electoral boards certifying the election results, four Virginia casino cities will move forward on their projects.
- Sports Handle, 11.17.20 – Illinois Gov. Pritzker Closes Casinos Due To Rise In COVID-19 Cases
- While both the Illinois Gaming Board and Illinois Racing Board conducted meetings Tuesday that could be described as low key and business as usual, Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced the state’s 10 casinos would be closed effective Friday as a mitigation measure to combat the spread of COVID-19.
- PlayIllinois, 11.17.20 – Where Illinois’ $305 Million Sports Betting Market Stands, And Where It May Be Headed
- Illinois recorded $305.2 million in September sports wagering handle, and it shot into fourth place in the US. Illinois is the fastest-growing sports betting market in the country.
- PlayIllinois, 11.17.20 – IL Lawmaker Proposes Amendment To Allow Women’s Pro Teams To Run Sportsbooks
- On Tuesday, IL Rep. Lamont Robinson Jr. filed HB 5812. It’s an amendment to the Sports Wagering Act, which could open doors for women’s professional sports teams.
- Gambling.Com, 11.17.20 – Ohio Hopes To Keep Sports Betting Legislation Moving Forward
- Two weeks after Election Day, Ohio is looking to save its sports betting legislation.
- PlayIA, 11.18.20 – No Bets For You: Why Can’t Iowa Sportsbooks Take Wagers On The NBA Draft?
- With the start of the 2020-21 NBA season delayed, Iowa basketball fans are likely looking forward to Wednesday night’s player selection event. However, NBA Draft betting still isn’t an option in Iowa, despite the event’s notoriety.
- iGB North America, 11.18.20 – Mississippi Sports Betting Revenue Down 28.7% In October
- The Mississippi Gaming Commission has reported a 28.7% year-on-year decline in sports wagering revenue in October, despite the state’s handle increasing by 27.5%.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.18.20 – Texas Taking Another Swing At Legalizing Daily Fantasy Sports
- A Texas state representative appears determined to legalize daily fantasy sports, which are already being played in the state.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.17.20 – Pointsbet Launches Sports Betting In Colorado But Who’s Next?
- PointsBet is now live in the Colorado sports betting market, a state where the brand made a big impact before taking a legal bet.
- PlayColorado, 11.18.20 – PointsBet Is Now Live In The Colorado Sports Betting Market
- The last step of the PointsBet launch in Colorado is now complete.