iDEA Growth in the News:
- The Action Network, 11.18.20 – Ohio’s Legal Sports Betting Bills Remain In Holding Pattern (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- The latest hearing on Ohio’s long-stalled sports betting legislation reaffirmed lawmakers’ commitment to legal wagering in the Buckeye State but did little to advance a bill that has lingered in Columbus for more than a year.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 11.18.20 – FanDuel Sportsbook Director John Sheeran Talks Going Online In New States, Balancing Books, Branding, And Fast Breaks
- In the first installment with FanDuel Sportsbook director John Sheeran, we focused on issues central to the sportsbook user’s experience. This time, it’s down to the business of bookmaking.
- iGB North America, 11.19.20 – Golden Nugget Seals Illinois Market Access
- Golden Nugget Online Gaming (GNOG), the soon-to-be spun off and listed arm of the casino giant, has secured access to Illinois’ sports betting market, partnering the developers building a new Golden Nugget casino in the state.
- SBC Americas, 11.19.20 – Red Tiger Partners With NetEnt For US Launch With RSI In Pennsylvania
- Game developer Red Tiger, in partnership with gaming system supplier NetEnt Group, has made its US market launch at Rush Street Interactive’s BetRivers.com and PlaySugarHouse.com sites in Pennsylvania.
- Sports Illustrated, 11.19.20 – Check The Polls: Sports Betting Could Soon Become America’s Game
- New Harris Poll data indicates the growth of legalized sports wagering may be even more powerful than ever before.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 11.18.20 – Sinclair Rebrands Sports Networks With Bally Name
- Fifteen months after completing its acquisition of the 21 Fox regional sports networks, Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. has signed a deal to rename them using the Bally casino brand, a sign of just how intertwined betting has become with sports.
- The Center Square, 11.18.20 – Amid Budgetary Woes, Pennsylvania Gambling Numbers A Rare Bright Spot For State Revenue
- Pennsylvania joined an exclusive club this week when the state’s Gaming Control Board announced sportsbooks took $525.8 million in bets last month.
- Penn Bets, 11.18.20 – Wind Creek And Betfred Debut Retail Sportsbook With New Online Option Weeks Away
- Pennsylvania now has a 13th retail sportsbook with Wind Creek Bethlehem adding one this week, and its partner Betfred USA Sports will soon provide the 11th online/mobile option in the state.
- Boston 25 News, 11.19.20 – Senate Rejects Sports Betting, Adds TNC Fees To Budget
- Following two days of deliberations, the Massachusetts Senate wrapped up its work late Wednesday night on a roughly $46 billion state budget for the fiscal year that began four and a half months ago.
- PlayWV, 11.18.20 – West Virginia Online Casinos Take A Dip; Still Producing Solid Revenue Numbers
- West Virginia online casinos had another successful month in their short history. In October, online casinos in West Virginia betting handle exceeded $53 million.
- PlayUSA, 11.18.20 – The Latest On Michigan Casinos, Online Sports Betting And iGaming
- This year, Michigan has seen its fair shares of ups and downs. From the anticipated launch of sports betting to a pandemic-forced closure of the casino industry.
- MLive, 11.18.20 – 6 Tribal Casinos Close, Most Remain Open Amid New Michigan COVID-19 Restrictions
- Six tribal casinos in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula are closed for the next three weeks, lining up with the state’s latest restrictions to curb the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus.
- US Bets, 11.18.20 – Texas Again Sees Introduction Of Casino Gambling Proposals, But Not Sports Betting
- The Lone Star State has the potential to be the nation’s third-largest sports wagering market, trailing only California and New York.
- Gambling.Com, 11.18.20 – Arkansas October Sports Betting Handle Increases 65.7%
- Arkansas posted its biggest sports betting handle since the coronavirus shutdown, increasing its handle by $2.6 million from September, according to state numbers released Wednesday.
- Gambling.Com, 11.18.20 – Mississippi Posts Record $61.2M In October Sports Betting Handle
- Mississippi sports betting saw another successful month with a state record for handle and an October increase of 17.2% over September.
- The Denver Post, 11.18.20 – PointsBet Sportsbook, Which Will Base Its US Headquarters In Denver, Launches Betting Operation In State
- PointsBet, a Denver-based sportsbook operator, launched its mobile app and digital sports betting product Wednesday in Colorado, its fifth state of operation.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.18.20 – More Montana Sports Betting Retailers Could Be Coming After Ruling
- A rule that limited where Montana sports betting could be offered was overturned this month in district court, but it’s unclear if that will stick.