Industry News of the Day for November 2, 2020
iDEA Growth Member News:
- EGR North America, 10.29.20 – East Coast Briefing & Awards 2020
- Congratulations iDEA Growth members Ifrah Law, FanDuel, Golden Nugget and Scientific Games for their EGR Awards! Ifrah Law won for Business Advisory Partner; FanDuel for Marketing Campaign; Golden Nugget for Mobile Operator and Operator of the Year; and Scientific Games for Casino Content Supplier, Casino Content Platform Provider, Sports Betting Supplier, and Sportsbook Platform Provider.
- Sports Handle, 11.1.20 – Live In Tennessee! It’s Sports Betting
- Just after midnight local time Sunday morning, exactly 16 months after state-sanctioned sports betting became legal in Tennessee, BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel sportsbooks were live, meaning that three of four possible digital sports wagering platforms were up and running within an hour of being allowed to.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.1.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting Is Live: What You Should Know (DraftKings, GVC Holdings, FanDuel)
- Tennessee is officially the 20th US state or jurisdiction to launch sports betting as the market went live at 12:01 a.m. local time Sunday.
- SBC Americas, 11.2.20 – DraftKings Mobile Sportsbook App Goes Live In Tennessee
- DraftKings Inc has launched its mobile sportsbook app in Tennessee over the weekend, breaking cover with the product on November 1 ahead of Sunday’s full slate of football games.
- Online Poker Report, 10.30.20 – BetMGM Changes Course In Pennsylvania, Receives Operator Licenses For Interactive Gaming And Sports (GVC Holdings)
- At Wednesday’s meeting of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB), BetMGM received approval for a pair of operator licenses, one for interactive gaming and the other for sports wagering.
- Sports Handle, 10.30.20 – FanDuel Attains Massive Radio Reach As Official Sportsbook Of Entercom Communications
- FanDuel and Entercom Communications have reached an agreement on a six-year deal in which the sports betting giant will be the official sportsbook partner of the largest sports radio ownership group in the United States.
- SBC Americas, 10.30.20 – Sportradar’s Jake Williams: New Jersey Is The Regulatory Model To Follow
- New Jersey’s progress in securing a thriving sports betting market has been nothing short of prodigious, as the Garden State’s monthly revenue figures clearly show.
- Sports Handle, 10.30.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Tennessee Operators Going Live, OK At Standstill, Wyoming Tribe To Offer Sports Betting
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- Sports Handle, 11.2.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Election Night, Breeders’ Cup, And Barstool Colorado Launch
- Referendums in Maryland, Louisiana leave the fate of sports betting to voters in respective states.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.2.20 – Panel Advises Future Online Casino States To Heed Lessons From Sports Betting (subscription paywall)
- Ahead of an increased interest from state legislatures in online casino expansion in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic, gaming attorneys and regulators insist that lessons can be learned from states with established online programs.
- Fortune, 10.31.20 – As States Face Budget Shortfalls, Cannabis And Sports Betting Could Flourish
- On Election Day, voters in Louisiana, Maryland, and South Dakota will vote on initiatives that would legalize sports betting, to varying degrees, in their own states.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.30.20 – What Penn National Thinks Of Barstool Sportsbook So Far
- It’s still early days, but so far the Barstool Sportsbook app has exceeded almost every internal goal Penn National set for it, according to Penn’s CEO.
Overall Industry News:
- iGB North America, 10.30.20 – HeadsUp And LOTIX To Launch US Sportsbook And Lottery Operations
- Media and gaming operator HeadsUp Entertainment has agreed a joint venture with gaming and payment supplier Lotix, to pursue lottery and betting opportunities in the US.
- Online Poker Report, 10.30.20 – Federal Wire Act Case Complicated By Death Of Presiding Judge Torruella
- The federal Wire Act case has been thrown a curve ball by the death of one of the three judges involved.
Sports League News:
- iGB North America, 10.30.20 – WynnBET Enters Multi-Year Sports Betting Partnership With NASCAR
- WynnBET, the digital gaming division of Wynn Resorts Ltd., has entered into a multi-year, national sports betting partnership with the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (Nascar).
- Legal Sports Report, 10.31.20 – How Will TN Sports Betting Market Handle Minimum Hold Rule?
- As Tennessee sports betting launches today, it brings with it a new problem for operators: how to ensure a 10% minimum hold.
- Tennessean, 11.1.20 – Tennessee Sports Betting Is About To Be Legal. Here’s How It Will Work
- Starting Sunday, all bets are on for sports gambling enthusiasts in Tennessee.
- Oak Ridger, 10.31.20 – Tennessee Online Sports Betting Projected To Bring In Millions Of Tax Revenue, But Questions Remain
- As Tennessee prepares to take its place as the nineteenth state to enter the legal online sports gambling arena on Sunday, analysts predict the state’s newest industry could bring in tens of millions of dollars in annual tax revenue once it solidifies its footing.
- Nashville Business Journal, 11.2.20 – Report Estimates Tax Revenue From Sports Betting In Tennessee Could Reach $7 Million In November
- The company based their analysis on a number of factors including online gambling revenue generated by New Jersey, tax structure and state population.
- Gaming Intelligence, 11.2.20 – Rhode Island Sports Betting Wagers Near Record High In September (subscription paywall)
- Rhode Island’s regulated sports betting market continued to grow in September as total wagers increased by 41 per cent year-on-year to $31.3m.
- Washington Business Journal, 10.30.20 – Appeals Court Rejects Lawsuit Over DC’s Sports Betting Contract
- The lawsuit’s plaintiff is weighing his options, his attorney said.
- Montana Standard, 10.30.20 – Sports Betting Rule Overturned By Judge
- A rule limiting sports betting in Montana to businesses with an alcoholic beverage license has been overturned.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.30.20 – Will Nevada Finally Allow Remote Sports Betting Signups?
- The Nevada sports betting industry will once again face off next Thursday on an old issue.