Industry News of the Day for November 26, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Gaming Intelligence, 11.26.19 – Unibet named official betting partner of the NBA
- Kindred Group’s Unibet brand has been named as an authorized sports betting operator of the National Basketball Association (NBA).
- Seattle Times (AP Repost), 11.25.19 – Sports betting approved in New Hampshire for next year
- The New Hampshire Lottery Commission approved a sports-betting contract with DraftKings on Monday, paving the way for the state to become the second in New England to allow wagering on games.
- European Gaming, 11.25.19 – Pala Interactive Enters into Multi-year License Agreement with Kindred Group
- Pala Interactive has entered into a multi-year license agreement with Kindred Group to provide its proprietary online real money gaming platform for the Unibet brand in Pennsylvania.
- Buffalo Business First, 11.26.19 – Seneca Resorts to start sports betting operations next month (subscription paywall)
- Sports gambling on the way to Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino in Niagara Falls, Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino in Buffalo and Seneca Allegany Resort & Casino in Salamanca. (Kambi Group)
- Legal Sport Report, 11.26.19 – Ahoy! Leagues Say There Be Pirates Stealing Sports Betting Data!
- A newer talking point from the PGA Tour and Major League Baseball describes purveyors of unofficial sports betting data as “pirates,” or groups who are “stealing” from the leagues. (Sportradar)
- SBC Americas, 11.26.19 – DraftKings sets the stage for sports wagering in New Hampshire
- The stage has been set for sports betting in New Hampshire, with the state’s Executive Council having voted this week to approve a contract between the New Hampshire Lottery and DraftKings Inc.
- WBUR Radio, 11.25.19 – H. Will Open Up To 10 In-Person Sports Betting Halls
- Officials approved a contract with Boston-based Draft Kings on Monday to bring both in-person and online sports wagering to the state.
- Daily News (AP Repost), 11.25.19 – Sports betting takes off in Indiana, with almost $127 million wagered
- Including all of the sportsbook locations throughout the state, more than $126.9 million has been wagered in just two months, and the state already has taken in roughly $1.9 million in taxes for its general fund.
- Daily News (AP Repost), 11.26.19 – Atlantic City casinos’ 3rd-quarter profits up from year ago
- Atlantic City’s nine casinos saw their collective gross operating profits increase by 12.5% in the third quarter of this year compared with the same period last year.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.25.19 – State Horse Racing Industry Supports Tribal California Sports Betting Effort
- The California horse racing industry was pleasantly surprised by the proposed ballot initiative to legalize sports betting that was filed recently by the tribal chairmen.
- Play WV, 11.25.19 – Is The WV Sports Betting Market Ready To Grow Again?
- John Myers, the director of the WV Lottery, alluded to the fact that the three West Virginia casinos with active sportsbooks are moving toward offering additional online sportsbooks.
- NBC 12 (AP Repost), 11.25, 19 – Report: Legalizing casinos would provide modest boost
- A new state report says legalizing casinos in Virginia would provide a modest economic boost in state tax revenues and to communities where casinos are located.
Sports League News:
- Newsweek, 11.25.19 – Philadelphia 76ers Become First NBA Team To Partner With Online Sports Betting Brand
- On Monday morning, FOX Bet and the Philadelphia 76ers announced that they were partnering up for the first deal between an NBA franchise and a mobile sports betting brand.