iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.27.19 – DraftKings Sportsbook Preparing For January Launch In New Hampshire
- DraftKings Sportsbook expects to take its first mobile bets in New Hampshire during the NFL playoffs after finalizing its contract with the state Monday. DraftKings will be the only mobile and retail sports betting operator in the state, outside of games available directly through the NH Lottery.
- Sports Handle, 11.27.19 – DraftKings Officially Gets New Hampshire Monopoly
- New Hampshire moved a step closer to launching legal sports betting on Monday when the state’s Executive Council voted, 3-1, to approve a contract that makes DraftKings the state’s exclusive operator. According to the terms of the contract, Boston-based DraftKings will operate a minimum of four and a maximum of 10 retail sportsbooks, and outside of the New Hampshire Lottery product, which will be powered by Intralot, it will be the state’s only mobile and internet operator.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.26.19 – Nevada, New Jersey Sports Betting Combine For $1B In October Handle
- Nevada and New Jersey combined for more than $1 billion in sports betting handle last month, reaching that milestone for the first time since PASPA‘s repeal in 2018.
- Play NJ, 11.26.19 – Live Dealer Online: Bigger & Better Than Ever Thanks To Evolution Gaming
- Thanks to Evolution Gaming, one of the major catalysts for the recent success of the New Jersey online gambling industry is growing again. Last week, the state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) approved Evolution Gaming’s plan: To expand its live dealer casino game studio inside the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Atlantic City.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.26.19 – Study: Virginia Sports Betting Could Generate $400M In Mobile Revenue
- A legislative study suggests mobile sports betting revenue in Virginia could approach $400 million at maturity in 2028. The study, conducted by The Innovation Group and Regulatory Management Counselors in conjunction with the Joint Legislative Audit and Review Commission, looked at multiple scenarios for Virginia sports betting.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.27.19 – Could There Be Another Potential Path To Florida Sports Betting?
- Sports betting in Florida is without question a complicated issue. Any attempted expansion of gambling likely needs backing from the Seminole tribe, which operates the Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood. A 2018 voter-backed amendment also gave the public the right to approve expansion of casino gambling, further strengthening the tribe’s hand.
- Sports Handle, 11.25.19 – What Happens Next For Sports Betting Proposal In California?
- It’s been nearly two weeks since many of California’s tribes banded together and filed a proposal for a referendum to legalize sports betting on the November 2020 ballot. The proposal would allow wagering on professional sports, but calls for a college carve out, and would not allow for state-wide mobile sports wagering.
Overall Industry News:
- Sports Handle, 11.27.19 – Turkey, Stuffing And A 3-Team Parlay: A History Of Betting Trends On Thanksgiving
- Since 2006, when the NFL added a third game to the holiday schedule, favorites have dominated the slate going 31-8 straight up and 25-14 against the spread, according to Chuck Esposito, director of race and sportsbook operations at Sunset Station in Henderson, Nev. Over the same period, when the Detroit Lions have closed as underdogs on Thanksgiving, the lovable losers are 0-9 on the moneyline and 1-8 versus the spread.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.26.19 – TheScore Debuts Revamped Media App With Improved Sports Betting Integration
- Score Media says it made betting on theScore Bet sportsbook app much easier through its media app with Fuse. Fuse comprises of new integrations that make navigation between theScore media app and theScore Bet easier and faster.