iDEA Growth Member News
- Legal Sports Report: DraftKings, BetMGM Among New Licensees For Ohio Online Sports Betting
- Ohio regulators kept the ball rolling on license approvals with its sports betting launch under two months away. Five online Ohio sportsbooks, six retail sportsbooks and three mobile and retail proprietors were approved at Wednesday’s Casino Control Commission meeting. There are still plenty more licenses to be awarded before the market goes live at midnight on Jan. 1.
- SportsHandle: Fanatics Bolsters Sports Betting Team With Hire Of Prominent Lobbyist Brandt Iden
- Continuing its push to build a robust executive team before a planned January sports betting launch, Fanatics added prominent lobbyist Brandt Iden to its new sports wagering division on Wednesday.
- SBC Americas: Rush Street Interactive Sees ‘Lower-Than-Normal’ iCasino Q3 Hold Levels
- Rush Street Interactive (RSI) has reported ‘lower-than-normal’ hold levels from its icasino offering in its third quarter financial report. As a result, the operator’s adjusted EBITDA has fallen by 2.5% year-over-year to $12.5m, but this was an improvement on the previous quarter’s $18.6m. Meanwhile, group revenue has improved by 20% YoY to $148m.
- WRIC-TV: Bally’s Corporation Announces Third Quarter 2022 Results Bally’s Corporation (NYSE: BALY) today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022. Third Quarter 2022 Financial Highlights: Revenue of $578.2 million, net income of $0.6 million, and adjusted EBITDA of $151.0 million.
- PlayCA: Will Sports Betting Ever Come To California?
- With Election Day less than a week away, California voters are gearing up to head to the polls. However, for gamblers in the Golden State, it means an answer on the short-term future of California sports betting. Unfortunately for bettors, the available polling data points to the inevitable failure of both sports betting initiatives.
- PR Newswire: Betr Partners with Caesars Southern Indiana, EBCI Holdings to Bring Microbetting to Indiana
- Caesars Southern Indiana will be the new regional partner for Betr, the first direct-to-consumer micro-betting focused sports betting and media company. Subject to regulatory approval, the partnership between Betr, Caesars Southern Indiana, and the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians’ gaming entity, EBCI Holdings, will bring market access and licensing to the state of Indiana.
- PlayMA: Encore Boston Harbor Prioritizes Responsible Gambling With PlayMyWay
- With the launch of Massachusetts sports betting on the horizon, Encore Boston Harbor has teamed up with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission (MGC) and GameSense to launch a responsible gambling initiative. The PlayMyWay (PMW) tool is a self-budgeting tool available on electronic games that can help players gamble responsibly.
- PlayOhio: These 6 Proposed Ohio Sportsbooks Have Not Been Licensed Yet
- The licensing of Ohio’s retail sportsbooks hasn’t always been the smoothest process, but it appears to be nearing an end. The Ohio Casino Control Commission on Nov. 2 awarded retail licenses to three more sportsbooks, bringing the total number of brick-and-mortar sportsbooks approved for a Jan. 1, 2023 launch to 20.