iDEA Growth in the News:
- WSN, 11/24/20 – Cautious Optimism Projected For Ohio Sports Wagering Future (iDEA Growth mentioned)
- Unfortunately, only a small amount of positivity is currently available involving the near future for legalized sports wagering in Ohio.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Sports Handle, 11.24.20 – Who Leads The Market In Each Legal Mobile Sports Betting State? (DraftKings, FanDuel)
- While the legalization of sports betting continues to expand across the U.S., not every state that approves it permits mobile sports wagering.
- PlayNJ, 11.25.20 – Closer To The Finish Line: Golden Nugget Receives Stamp Of Approval From NJ Regulators
- When it comes to NJ online casino market, Golden Nugget online casino is a well-established brand and the Garden State’s market leader. And Golden Nugget Online Gaming LLC. (GNOG) plans on keeping things that way.
- PlayNJ, 11.25.20 – BetMGM Enlists PlayPause To Strengthen Responsible Gambling Components In All Markets
- BetMGM and GeoComply have partnered to fill in the gaps in protections for people with compulsive gambling issues between jurisdictions. This includes the NJ online casino market.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, 11.24.20 – DraftKings Co-Founder On Georgia: ‘It Would Be A Perfect Market To Offer Sports Betting’
- DraftKings president discusses the fast-growing sports gambling industry and what it could mean in Georgia.
- iGB North America, 11.30.20 – DraftKings Scores New Partnership With NBA’s Pistons
- Sports betting and fantasy sports provider DraftKings has agreed a partnership National Basketball Association (NBA) franchise the Detroit Pistons.
- SBC Americas, 11.26.20 – DraftKings Signs ‘Knock-Out’ Partnership Deal For Mike Tyson Bout
- DraftKings has been named the ‘Official Sports Betting Partner’ of the upcoming boxing match between Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.
- SBC Americas, 11.26.20 – Landcadia Cleared To Acquire Golden Nugget Online
- Landcadia Holdings II has been granted regulatory approval by the New Jersey Casino Control Commission to acquire Golden Nugget Online Gaming.
- Sports Handle, 11.30.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: Ravens-Steelers, Betting On Sports America Conference, And College Football Homestretch
- Scheduling in NFL, college football disrupted by second wave of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sports Handle, 11.27.20 – Get A Grip: The Week In Sports Betting: Nevada Handle Up, Bally’s Busy, And More
- Here’s the weekend (or fashionably late) Sports Handle item, “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key stories.
- US Bets, 11.27.20 – Wide World Of Gambling: Adelson Lobbying In Texas, Poker Home Game Organizer Fined, Virginia Covers In Brutal Beat
- In this installment of the weekly roundup from US Bets, we’re giving you a rundown of some of the more interesting new nuggets from the world of sports betting and beyond.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 11.25.20 – Media Frenzy: Can US Sportsbook Operators Truly Replicate The Sky Bet Model?
- Pick a US media brand, and chances are they now have an official betting partner. Earlier this month, Turner Sports – the owner of Bleacher Report – joined the party, coming into line with the likes of Fox, ESPN, NBC and CBS.
- SBC Americas, 11.25.20 – Wire Act Looms Large Over US Sports Betting, Survey Shows
- In collaboration with next month’s Betting on Sports America – Digital conference, VIXIO GamblingCompliance is conducting a survey to understand the market view on which regulatory, policy, and compliance challenges will most impact the growth of the US sports betting market.
Sports League News:
- SBC Americas, 11.25.20 – Pittsburgh Steelers Names BetMGM As First Gaming Partner
- BetMGM has been announced as the first gaming partner of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- NJBIZ, 11.25.20 – Casino, Gambling Industry Eyes Sports-Betting Thanksgiving Boom (subscription paywall)
- With all-star National Football League matches scheduled this holiday and through the weekend, the state’s casinos and online sportsbooks expect a surge in activity and customers.
- The Lowell Sun, 11.24.20 – Pro Sports Teams Applying Full-Court Press For Legalized Sports Betting In Massachusetts
- In the wake of another sports betting proposal that came up short in the Senate, all five major league professional sports teams in Massachusetts, gaming companies, and a powerful labor union last week upped the pressure on the Legislature to legalize sports betting before the end of the year.
- iGB North America, 11.30.20 – Rhode Island Posts Record Mobile Sports Betting Revenue
- The Rhode Island Lottery reported significant growth for sports betting in October 2020, with handle and revenue increasing across both mobile and land-based channels.
- Gaming Intelligence, 11.24.20 – New Hampshire Sports Betting Wagers Climb To $47.1M In October (subscription paywall)
- New Hampshire’s regulated sports betting market booked record monthly handle of $47.1m in October.
- Bristol Herald Courier, 11.30.20 – Virginia Lottery Official Updates Sportsbook Schedule
- Virginia gamblers can likely begin betting on sports in early 2021, a state lottery official said last week.
- Local Memphis, 11.25.20 – Online Tennessee Sports Betting Gives Fans Options And State More Tax Revenue
- Sports betting officially launched November 1 in Tennessee and has taken off. There are four licensed operators in the state.
- Associated Press, 11.30.20 – Michigan Nears Launch Of Online Sports Betting, Other Games
- Michigan casinos could launch online sports betting and gambling games in December once state lawmakers waive the remaining time they have to review proposed licensing rules.
- PlayMichigan, 11.27.20 – BetMGM Responsible Gaming Efforts Ramp Up Before Online Launch In Michigan
- No one knows when online sportsbooks will launch in Michigan yet. The timeline is still fluid. When they do, BetMGM responsible gaming efforts might be the best in the state.
- PlayMichigan, 11.26.20 – 3 Reasons Why You Can’t Bet On Bowling Just Yet In Michigan
- Though the Michigan Gaming Control Board added bowling to the list of approved wagers Tuesday, you can’t actually do it yet. Here are three reasons why.
- WKBN, 11.25.20 – Ohio Senator, Representative Hope Sports Gambling Bill Gets Passed Before 2021
- People in Ohio who bet on sports are still waiting for the state legislature to make it legal, and there’s a chance it could get done before the end of the year.
- Sports Handle, 11.25.20 – Does Nebraska’s Gaming Expansion Include Sports Betting?
- Did Nebraska voters lay the groundwork earlier this month for legal sports betting? Turns out that’s a good question — and one that doesn’t have a clear answer.
- SBC Americas, 11.25.20 – Bally’s Secures Iowa Sportsbook Entry Through Elite Casino Resorts Deal
- Bally’s Corporation has confirmed that it has entered into a multi-year market access partnership with Elite Casino Resorts, cementing its position in Iowa.
- KIWA, 11.28.20 – More Sports Gambling Companies Taking Interest In Iowa
- The Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission approved five more agreements with sports betting companies and casinos during its meeting this month.
- Indiana Public Media, 11.29.30 – Hoosier Casinos Post Best Sports Betting Month In October
- October marked one year since Indiana casinos started taking bets online. And last month was also the best month Hoosiers sports books have had yet.
- PlayNevada, 11.25.20 – No Longer King, Nevada Sports Betting Far From Dead After Record-Setting Month
- October was another record-breaking month for Nevada sportsbooks.
- Flathead Beacon, 11.29.20 – Businesses Bet On Sports To Boost Bottom Line
- The bumpy but successful implementation of Montana’s sports betting legislation has helped businesses stave off pandemic losses