- Associated Press, 11.4.20 – Jackpot! Expansion Of Gambling In The US Wins Big At Polls
- The U.S. gambling industry won big at the polls Tuesday, with three states authorizing legal sports betting and three others either approving or expanding casino gambling.
- ESPN, 11.4.20 – Voters In Louisiana, Maryland, South Dakota Approve Sports Betting
- Louisiana, Maryland and South Dakota are one step closer to joining the regulated sports betting market in the U.S., after voters approved ballot measures during Tuesday’s elections.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.4.20 – More Than Half Of States Now Have Sports Betting As Maryland, Louisiana, South Dakota Legalize It
- Those voting in the US elections couldn’t bet on the outcome, but plenty used the election to cast their votes in favor of sports betting.
Overall Industry News:
- Bloomberg, 11.4.20 – Sports Betting Stocks Rally After States Back Legalization
- Companies that offer online sports gambling rallied Wednesday morning after a trio of states voted in favor of ballot measures aimed at legalizing sports betting and other gaming expansion.
- Gambling Compliance, 11.6.20 – US Casino Industry Cheers Smooth Passage Of Ballot Measures (subscription paywall)
- Voters in Nebraska, Virginia and Colorado all approved initiatives to legalize or expand casinos operations by wide margins on Tuesday, as more Americans find themselves living in states with casino gaming.
- NJ Online Gambling, 11.4.20 – Betting On NJ Postseason College Games Up For Vote In State Senate
- A resolution in the state Senate on wagering on a limited amount of New Jersey-related college sporting events is scheduled for a vote on Monday as the annual legislative session nears an end.
- Legal Sports Report, 11.4.20 – Virginia Sports Betting Regulators Refuse To Identify Applicants
- The state lottery’s application process concerning who will operate Virginia sports betting appears secretive than necessary.
- Sports Handle, 11.4.20 – Virginia Lottery Vetting Sports Betting Applicants
- Less than 12 hours after Virginians in four cities approved new casinos, the Virginia Lottery says it’s still aiming to launch mobile sports betting operators in early 2021.
- PlayVirginia, 11.5.20 – Sports Betting Applications Rolling Into VA, But Lotto Won’t Say Who From
- After confirming an initial timeline on Tuesday, the Virginia Lottery still expects to issue its first Virginia sportsbook licenses in early 2021.
- PlayVirginia, 11.4.20 – Virginia Reacts: Casinos Approved In Bristol, Danville, Norfolk, Portsmouth
- Voters made one thing very clear on Election Day: They’re very much in favor of Virginia casino projects in the commonwealth.
- PlayVirginia, 11.4.20 – Maryland Voters Approve Sports Betting, Creating More Competition For Virginia Sportsbooks
- After Tuesday night, four of the six states surrounding Virginia have a framework for legally betting on sporting events.
- Associated Press, 11.4.20 – Sports Betting Could Start Up In Maryland By Summer
- Legalized sports betting in Maryland could start in the summer of next year after voters approved it on Election Day, but lawmakers still need to work out the details of how it will be implemented in the upcoming legislative session.
- Baltimore Business Journal, 11.4.20 – Maryland Voters Have Approved Sports Betting. Here’s What Comes Next.
- “The devil’s in the details, and there will be many details to come,” said Maryland Lottery and Gaming Director Gordon Medenica.
- PlayMichigan, 11.5.20 – Sizing Up The 15 Sports Betting Apps Coming To Michigan
- We get asked almost every day here at PlayMichigan: When are legal sports betting apps going live in Michigan?
- Legal Sports Report, 11.4.20 – Election Deals Setback To Ohio Sports Betting Legalization Effort
- The 2020 election saw sports betting legalized in three new states, but it also threw up a roadblock in Ohio.
- PlayIA, 11.4.20 – Nebraska Voters Approve Casino Ballot Measures, Perhaps To Western Iowa Casinos’ Chagrin
- The days are numbered for western Iowa casinos that see a lot of action from Nebraska gamblers. Gambling proponents harvested a winning Nebraska casino vote on Tuesday.
- Argus Leader, 11.4.20 – State Agencies Already Prepping For Legal Pot, Sports Betting In South Dakota
- Just hours after voters in South Dakota overturned the state’s prohibitions on marijuana and gambling on sports, the Department of Revenue in Pierre is getting to work on a plan to implement the new laws.
- PlayIA, 11.4.20 – South Dakota Voters Approve Deadwood Sports Betting
- The expansion of legal sports betting in the US continues. On Tuesday, South Dakota voters OK’d sports betting within the city limits of Deadwood. And, by a significant margin.