iDEA Growth Member News
- Markets Insider: Here’s What To Expect From Scientific Games’s Earnings
- Scientific Games reveals figures for the most recent quarter on November 9. 6 analysts forecast earnings of $0.385 per share as opposed to earnings of $1.84 in the same quarter of the previous year.
- Sports Handle: What’s Next For Sports Betting At Fox Sports After Fox-Flutter Arbitration Ruling?
- Last week, a New York arbitration court issued a ruling in a high-profile case between Flutter and Fox Corp., one that garnered considerable attention from investors despite the late Friday evening news dump. As with many arbitration cases, both sides claimed victory in the longstanding dispute.
- Legal Sports Report: MGM Resorts Bullish On BetMGM Profitability In 2023
- MGM Resorts echoed its BetMGM joint venture partner, Entain, that profitability should come at some point in 2023. CEO Bill Hornbuckle was not ready to say on MGM’s third-quarter earnings call Wednesday if BetMGM‘s profitability could come sooner than next year’s third quarter.
- PlayUSA: The State of Play: Multiple Markets Preparing For Launch; California Poised To Fail
- Even outside of the seasonal surge in sports betting volume, October was a busy month for gambling news. The Global Gaming Expo (G2E) returned to Las Vegas, for starters, with attendance for the annual trade show returning to pre-pandemic levels of around 25,000 visitors. Of course, it’s hard to ignore sports betting this time of year. Football season is in full swing, and hockey and basketball have put us into the meaty part of the calendar for both sports and gambling.
- iGB North America: Fandex Receives Patent For Fantasy Sports Stock Exchange
- Free to-play fantasy sports stock exchange Fandex has taken a step forward towards securing its intellectual property, announcing today that it has received US patent for its platform.
- PR Newswire: Indian Gaming Association To Convene Largest Gathering of Tribal Leaders and Gaming Experts
- The Indian Gaming Association, an intertribal national coalition of 254 federally recognized Tribal Nations dedicated to preserving tribal sovereignty and gaming, will be hosting the 2022 Mid-Year Conference in Arizona at the We-Po-Ka Casino from November 14 through 16.
- Legal Sports Report: Business By The Books: Online Sports Betting Changing Casino Demographics
- In the years before legal online sports betting, almost every gaming conference would include a panel about how to get younger customers into retail casinos. Many options failed: skill-based games, esports and younger-skewing IP for games rarely had a positive effect.
- The Indiana Gaming Commission (IGC) invites all businesses to participate in a 15-minute survey and share their experiences bidding and contracting with Indiana’s casinos.
- PlayMichigan: Permanent DraftKings Retail Sportsbook Opens At Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- On Sunday, Bay Mills Resort & Casino celebrated the grand opening of DraftKings Sportsbook at its location in Brimley. The permanent sportsbook is one of the many new amenities coming to Bay Mills in the coming years.
- Cleveland.com: Ohio Casinos And Racinos Just Shy Of Record In October After Bringing In $192 Million
- The hot streak of records for Ohio’s casinos and racinos ended in October, with revenue coming up just short of the record set a year ago. Combined, the 11 facilities brought in $192.1 million in gambling revenue, slightly down from the $192.7 million reported in October 2021, according to reports Monday from the Ohio Casino Control and Lottery commissions.