Industry News of the Day for October 1, 2019
iDEA Growth Member News:
- US Bets, 9.30.19 – Oregon Lottery Aiming For Mobile Sports Betting Launch Next Week [SBTech]
- With the NFL season in full swing and the NBA and NHL seasons beginning soon, Oregon bettors are likely eager to start placing sports bets in a legal environment.
- WHAM, 9.30.19 – Sports Betting Booming At Del Lago
- Six weeks into sports betting in New York State, DraftKings SportsBook at del Lago Resort & Casino is booming.
- SBC Americas, 10.1.19 – Bet365 Boosts US Offering With Colossus Cash-Out Agreement
- Leading UK based operator, bet365 has elevated its US offering unveiling a long term partnership with Colossus Bets to utilise its extensive cash-out patent portfolio.
- Gaming Intelligence, 10.1.19 – GVC Expands CSR Initiatives With Launch Of GVC Foundation
- London-listed betting and gaming operator GVC Holdings has launched a new foundation to manage its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.30.19 – The Week In Sports Betting: Indiana, Oregon Ready To Go Online
- Here’s what’s been happening across the sports betting landscape over the past week or so.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.1.19 – Ohio Sports Betting Bill Stirs To Life, May Pass House This Fall
- An Ohio lawmaker is prepping minor changes to a sports betting bill with the hope of getting it through the House by early November.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.1.19 – Michigan Sports Betting and iGaming May Not Share Same Fate [subscription paywall]
- A new draft of sports-betting legislation in Michigan removes what may have been one of the biggest hurdles to passage in 2019: a tie to a separate bill for internet gaming.
- Play USA, 10.1.19 – Is Illinois The Next US Gambling Mecca?
- In a world where the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) has been repealed, online poker is gaining traction, and putting lottery games online are all slowly becoming the norm, Illinois has gradually positioned itself to become the next gambling mecca.
- Gaming Intelligence, 10.1.19 – Illinois Lottery Seeks Information From Sports Betting Providers
- The Illinois Lottery is seeking information from sports betting technology and services providers to help shape its upcoming request for proposals.
- WUSA, 9.30.19 – Planning On Sports Betting In The District? Thanks To A New Court Order, You Might Have To Wait
- With the Nationals kicking off playoffs, the Mystics continuing in the WNBA Finals, and the Capitals season about to start, this week seems like a good time to be a D.C. sports fan — unless you are planning on betting on the games.
- Associated Press, 9.30.19 – Tennessee Gov Names His 3 Picks To Sports Betting Board
- Bill Lee’s appointees to a regulatory board for Tennessee’s new online-only sports betting law include a law enforcement official, a local school board member and a commercial insurance company owner.
- Gaming Intelligence, 10.1.19 – Rhode Island Sportsbooks See Growth In August
- Rhode Island’s two licensed casino operators collected a total of $10.1m in sports betting wagers during the month of August.