iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC Americas, 10.1.20 – Philadelphia Eagles Designates DraftKings As Official Betting Partner
- DraftKings has added another partnership to its ever-growing roster of alliances this week with the news that it has been designated Official Daily Fantasy Sports Partner and Official Sports Betting Partner of the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.30.20 – WSOP.Com One Step Closer To PA Online Poker Market With 888 License Approval
- WSOP.com has been in the process of gaining entry to the PA online poker market for months now, but they took one step closer Wednesday.
- IGB North America, 10.1.20 – SG Digital Signs Up NetEnt, Seals Exclusive US Deal With BTG
- Scientific Games’ online division SG Digital has announced that NetEnt’s content will be available through the supplier’s OpenGaming platform, which will also serve as the exclusive platform for Big Time Gaming content in the US and Canada.
- PlayUSA, 9.30.20 – PlayUSA Rewind: Tennessee Finally Sets Sports Betting Launch For November 1
- As sports betting revenue reports roll in detailing the heavy influence of NFL action, not to mention the NBA playoffs, several other states stand on the threshold of launching their own online wagering industries.
Overall Industry News:
- Online Poker Report, 9.30.20 – What Caesars Stands To Gain From Its $3.7 Billion Acquisition Of William Hill
- William Hill went public about the negotiations on Friday, though private talks had already been underway for some time before then. Caesars confirmed its bid on Monday, and William Hill accepted it on Wednesday.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.30.20 – Caesars Agrees To $3.7 Billion William Hill Takeover: What You Need To Know
- Caesars has agreed to buy William Hill for $3.7 billion in cash.
- Online Poker Report, 9.30.20 – Hard Rock Switches To Scientific Games As Partner, While GIG Departs By Mutual Agreement
- Hard Rock has named SG Digital as its new sportsbook and online casino platform provider after ending its relationship with Gaming Innovation Group (GIG).
- NJ Online Gambling, 9.30.20 – When Is Barstool Sportsbook App Coming To NJ?
- New Jersey sports bettors have 11 brick-and-mortar and 17 online/mobile sportsbooks available to them.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.30.20 – PA Gaming Review: Wall Street Loves Barstool and Penn, Legislators Eye VGT Expansion
- Much of the action in Pennsylvania gaming the past week took place in Harrisburg and Manhattan.
- PlayPennsylvania, 9.30.20 – iGaming And Sportsbooks Are Heroes of 2019-20 PA Revenue Report – And We All Know the Villain
- The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board released its 2019-2020 Annual Report. The in-depth report details all aspects of the gambling industry.
- US Bets, 9.30.20 – Horse Racing Safety Bill ‘Rounding The Final Turn’ Toward Becoming Law
- After years of discussion and amendments, the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act now appears to be on the verge of becoming U.S. law.
- IGB North America, 10.1.20 – Delaware Sports Betting Revenue Improves In September
- Sports wagering revenue in Delaware amounted to $904,450 in the month to 27 September, which despite marking a month-on-month improvement, remains far behind 2019 levels.
- The National Law Review, 9.30.20 – Virginia Establishes Narrow Window For Sports Betting Permit Applications
- The Virginia Lottery Board will accept applications for sports betting permit holders beginning October 15, 2020.
- PlayMichigan, 9.30.20 – William Hill Purchase Finally Gives Caesars Access To Michigan
- The Caesars name had been conspicuously absent from the Michigan square dance of gambling partners.
- NBC Chicago, 9.30.20 – Hawthorne Race Course Opens New Sportsbook As Sports Betting Continues To Grow In Illinois
- Hawthorne Race Course in southwest suburban Stickney opened its doors Wednesday to a brand new sportsbook, ushering in a new era for the iconic venue.
- PlayTenn, 9.30.20 – Governor ‘Dragging His Feet’ On North Carolina Sports Betting At Tribal Casinos
- Interest in sports betting is peaking as the NBA Finals, Major League Baseball Playoffs, NFL, and NCAA football take place simultaneously for the first time, but North Carolina tribal casinos are still waiting to take their first legal sports bet.
- PlayColorado, 9.30.20 – Caesars-William Hill Deal: What It Means For Colorado Sports Bettors
- The William Hill app that is live in Colorado is set to be purchased by Caesars Entertainment.
- Legal Sports Report, 9.30.20 – Nevada Sports Betting Pushes Post-PASPA Handle Past $25 Billion
- It’s only fitting for sports betting in Nevada to push the legal US market beyond a significant post-PASPA benchmark.
- US Bets, 9.30.20 – Nevada Sportsbooks Handle $474 Million In August, Setting New State Record For Month
- Nevada’s sportsbooks handled $474,469,273 in wagers in August, a huge month compared to the handle the year prior. It was a record August for the Nevada sports betting industry.
- IGB North America, 9.30.20 – Nevada Casino Revenue Declines To $743m In August
- Nevada casino revenue declined 1.7% month-on-month and 21.9% year-on-year to $743.0m in August, as low margins and the novel coronavirus (Covid-19) combined to keep revenue low.