iDEA Growth Member News:
- SBC, 10.11.21: Draftkings Brings Back Pink ‘Em For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- DraftKings Inc is bringing back its charitable initiative, Pink ‘Em, which raises money for breast cancer research in collaboration with The Larry Fitzgerald Foundation, for Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October.
Overall Industry News:
- New York Times, 10.10.21: At the George Washington Bridge Casino, Your Bets Are a Bike Ride Away
- Towering majestically above the Hudson River, the George Washington Bridge is a remarkable feat of engineering to some. For others, it is a snarled, trafficky headache.
- US Bets, 10.11.21: Who’s Covering Who’s Covering
- David Purdum can trace the birth of a career transition to … a pending birth.
- Sports Handle, 10.8.21: Get A Grip —The Week In Sports Betting: G2E, Live In Louisiana, Florida Signature Drama, California Compromise?
- Here’s the weekend Sports Handle item “Get a Grip,” recapping the week’s top U.S. sports betting stories, highlighting some fresh news, and rounding up key pieces.
- The Nevada Independent, 10.11.21: Competitive Sports Betting Market Leads Operators To Find New Messaging Channels
- On the Friday before the NFL’s third weekend slate of games, veteran sportscaster Trey Wingo offered his analysis on the matchups and the point spreads.
- NBC CT, 10.11.21: Soft Launch of Online Sports Betting, Gaming in CT to Begin Tomorrow
- A seven-day soft launch of online sports betting and gaming in Connecticut will start tomorrow.
- SBC, 10.11.21: Connecticut Online Wagering To Soft Launch Statewide This Week
- Connecticut’s Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) has told selected operators in the state that they may start offering online sports betting and igaming this week.
- Star Tribune, 10.9.21: Sports Betting In Minnesota Question Of When, Not If, Power Players Say
- Pat Garofalo can get from his house in the south metro to the Diamond Jo Casino just across the Iowa border in 74 minutes.
- Sun Sentinel, 10.9.21: Sports Gambling Won’t Start When Florida Said It Could. But It’s In The Cards, So Here’s What You Should Know
- Thousands of South Floridians had visions of scurrying up to a betting window Friday at a Seminole casino in Hollywood or Coconut Creek, peeling off some bucks, and placing a legal wager on a NFL or college football game.
- KTBS, 10.11.21: 13 Of Louisiana’s 20 Casinos Have Applied For Sports Betting Licenses, Becoming Close To Operational
- Thirteen of Louisiana’s 20 traditional casinos have applied to handle sports wagering — the other seven are expected to apply before the Jan. 1 deadline — and the first applicants are close to being able to start booking bets on baseball, football, and other events.
- SBC, 10.11.21: Iowa Sportsbooks Achieve New Monthly Wagers Record In September
- Iowa’s sportsbooks broke the record for monthly wagers and surpassed $200m for the first time in September thanks to the return of football, according to PlayIA, a source for news and analysis of the Iowa gaming market.
- Sports Handle, 10.9.21: Illinois Narrowly Clears $400M For August Sports Betting Handle
- The Illinois Gaming Board closed out August’s national sports betting revenue reports Friday, showing close to $400.4 million in handle.
- SBC, 10.11.21: Jennifer Togliatti And Ben Kieckhefer Appointed To Nevada Gaming Commission
- Former Nevada District Court Judge Jennifer Togliatti has been appointed to the Nevada Gaming Commission (NGC) by Governor Steve Sisolak, alongside former state Senator Ben Kieckhefer.
- WTOP, 10.9.21: New Sports Betting Licenses Create Opportunities For Businesses, But It’s Not Easy Or Cheap
- The first-ever Class B sports betting licensee in D.C. began taking wagers this week; the operation, set up at Grand Central in Adams Morgan, could soon be joined by other sportsbooks in D.C. and Maryland.