iDEA Growth Member News
- Alex Weldon for NJGamblingSites.com: Light & Wonder to Launch Multi-Site Progressive Jackpots in New Jersey
- Light & Wonder (L&W) announced its new line of progressive jackpot products today at the Global Gaming Expo. Jackpot Festival, as it’s called, will start with the popular 88 Fortunes in January 2023 at NJ online casinos. L&W says it will add more Jackpot Festival games shortly after that, following the same Asian culture theme as 88 Fortunes.
- Andrew Champagne for PlayCA.com: California Vote-By-Mail Ballots Arrive, And So Does A Message From DraftKings
- Shortly after California announced ballots were on the way, DraftKings sent an email to users in the Golden State. Unsurprisingly, one of the major operators backing online sports betting Proposition 27 is urging voters to vote for the measure on those ballots.
- Matt Rybaltowski for SportsHandle.com: Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin Targets January For Company’s Sports Betting Launch
- Speaking at the CAA World Congress of Sports in New York, Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin announced that the company will launch its new sports betting division early next year, in January 2023.
- Martyn Elliot for SBCAmericas.com: Virtual reality sports betting on the cusp of becoming actual reality, thanks to VR22 launch
- Virtual reality has long been tipped as the next big trend for the gambling industry, but there has been little sign of anyone actually developing a viable VR-enabled sports betting product – until now.
- Derek Helling for PlayUSA.com: Is Misinformation Plaguing California Sports Betting Propositions?
- Even reputable sources with the best of intentions can spread misinformation, as evidenced by several publications covering the upcoming California sports betting votes. A new poll of likely voters in the state shows how being informed about Prop 26 and Prop 27 influences how those people plan to vote on the measures on Nov. 8. Unfortunately, an article presenting the poll’s results contains some inaccurate material.
- Detroit’s Three Casinos Complete A Rough Third Quarter
- Revenue at Detroit’s three casinos took a downturn in September. Total aggregate revenue totaled $103.4 million, with table and slot games accounting for $100.8 million of that number. The table and slot revenue was off 3.5% from August, and down 5.7% when compared to last September.
- Grant Lucas for PlayNY.com: Thor Equities Working On Bid For Downstate New York Casino At Coney Island
- Industry sources confirmed to PlayNY that Thor Equities, a real estate development and management firm, intends to submit a sizable bid with hopes of becoming one of the newest NY casinos.
- Tyler Andrews for PlayOhio.com: Ohio Casino Revenues Hold Steady, Racinos Dip Slightly In September
- Ohio casino and racino revenues stayed relatively level in September even as football season heated up. The monthly totals for Ohio casinos and racinos came in at $188.6 million. That’s down 3.8% from August’s $195.9 million but up 1.7% on September 2021’s $185.4 million.