iDEA Growth Member News
- Parx Casino Fights Back In Court Against Skill Games Industry
- Greenwood Gaming & Entertainment Inc., owner and operator of Parx Casino in Bucks County, filed a civil suit last Friday in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court against Pace-O-Matic Inc., the Georgia-based developer of the Pennsylvania Skill Games brand.
- Steve Friess for PlayUSA.com: PlayUSA’s 2022 Online Gambling Power Players List Revealed
- PlayUSA presents its first-ever recognition of the Power Players in US online gambling. This is the considered consensus opinion of our editors and writers, along with guidance from colleagues at other gaming-industry sites and industry insiders.
- Mike Seely for USBets.com: At G2E, Female Gaming Execs Discuss Making Content Queen
- During two separate education sessions sponsored by Global Gaming Women at this week’s Global Gaming Expo (G2E) in Las Vegas, one statistic was mentioned at least three times: While men will apply for a job for which they meet 60% of the qualifications, women are only liable to pursue an employment opportunity if they meet 100% of the qualifications.
- Conor Porter for SBCAmericas: Entain praises strong NFL season entry for BetMGM in Q3 update
- Entain has published a trading update for the third quarter of 2022, reporting that performance is in line with expectations, with a new record level of active customers and strong momentum heading into the NFL season for BetMGM.
- Rob Fletcher for iGB North America: Indiana sports betting handle continues to climb in September
- Consumer spending on sports betting in Indiana increased month-on-month for the second month in a row in September, while the state also experienced year-on-year growth across handle and revenue. Total handle for the month was $382.5m, up 60.7% from $238.0m in August of this year and 7.6% higher than $355.4m in September 2021.
- Katarina Vojvodic for PlayUSA.com: Kansas Sports Betting Generates Almost $1.3 Million In Revenue In First Month
- After more than a month since Kansas sports betting has been legalized, the state released the first official revenue report. More precisely, four state casinos reported $1.29 million in sports betting revenue during September, generating $129,617 in sports betting taxes for the state.
- Drew Ellis for PlayMichigan.com: Decision On Federal Recognition For Grand River Bands Of Ottawa Indians Delayed 120 Days
- The ongoing saga for a potential new casino to be built in Fruitport Township has been extended even longer. An Oct. 12 deadline for the federal government to recognize the Grand River Bands of Ottawa Indians as a tribe was extended by 120 days by the Department of Interior this past week.
- Jake Garza for PlayOhio.com: Ohio Sports Betting Will Create At Least 705 New Jobs In The State
- Ohio’s new sports betting industry will impact the state beyond the millions of dollars in tax revenue. The addition of dozens of new businesses – and the expansion of current gambling options – will create hundreds of jobs in the state as companies add fresh employees to handle the new industry.
- Tyler Andrews for PlayTexas.com: Morgan LaMantia Could Shape Gambling In Texas If Elected
- Senate District 27, vacated by Democrat Eddie Lucio Jr. (retiring), stands to be the only state Senate battleground in the November election. It’s one that will shape legal gambling and sports betting legislation in the upcoming session.