iDEA Growth Member News:
- CNBC, 10.15.20 – DraftKings Strikes Another Media Partnership, This Time With AT&T’s Turner Sports
- DraftKings will integrate its content across Turner Sports platforms, but the agreement excludes NBA content.
- Gambling.Com, 10.14.20 – Michigan Live Dealer Options Grow With New Evolution Deal
- Evolution Gaming has entered into another partnership in Michigan.
- iGB North America, 10.15.20 – FanDuel Appoints Butterfass As New Product Chief
- Daily fantasy and sports betting operator, FanDuel, announced that Sarah Butterfass will join its executive team as chief product officer, reporting into FanDuel Group chief executive Matt King.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.15.20 – Sports-Betting Bills Still In Play In Handful Of US States (subscription paywall)
- It seems as though everything has been put on hold until the November 3 elections, but there is still an opportunity for Massachusetts, New York and Ohio to act on sports-betting legislation before the pandemic year of 2020 mercifully ends.
Sports League News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.14.20 – Five Questions: PGA Tour To Integrate Golf Betting Odds Into Broadcasts
- The PGA Tour continues its two-week stop in Las Vegas this weekend and fittingly, the CJ Cup at Shadow Creek will be the first tournament to feature live betting odds in the TV telecast.
- SBC Americas, 10.15.20 – IGT And NBA Ink New Deal To Bring Official Data To PlaySports Customers
- International Game Technology (IGT) has announced the signing of a multi-year partnership with the National Basketball Association (NBA) which, it said, has “further differentiated its PlaySports sports betting solution.”
- Sports Handle, 10.14.20 – AGA To Massachusetts: Banning College Sports Betting Will Allow Black Market To Thrive
- The American Gaming Association on Tuesday wrote a letter to Massachusetts lawmakers imploring them to allow betting on college sporting events when the legislature moves forward with legal sports wagering in MA.
- iGB North America, 10.15.20 – NY Sports Betting Revenue Falls 38.5% Following September Relaunch
- New York’s four commercial casinos generated sports betting revenue of $1.4m after reopening on September 9, once the state’s novel coronavirus (Covid-19) lockdown measures were eased.
- iGB North America, 10.15.20 – William Hill Opens New Retail Sportsbook In Pennsylvania
- William Hill has further expanded its presence in the state of Pennsylvania by opening a new retail sportsbook at Harrah’s Philadelphia in Chester County.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.14.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Entering Michigan Next, 10 More States In 2021
- We finally know where Barstool Sportsbook plans to make its next move: the online Michigan sports betting market.
- PlayMichigan, 10.14.20 – Penn National CEO: Barstool Sportsbook Will Launch Michigan Online Sports Betting In 2020
- Barstool Sportsbook will be ready at the launch of Michigan online sports betting, according to the CEO of its parent company.
- iGB North America, 10.15.20 – Michigan Sports Betting Revenue Reaches $4.4M In September
- Revenue for Detroit’s three commercial casinos rose 26.8% month-on-month in September, with retail sports betting’s contribution hitting $4.4m in its first full month of activity.
- PlayMichigan, 10.14.20 – First Full Month Of Sports Betting At Detroit Casinos Leads To Record Handle
- The start of NFL and the first full month of legal sports betting in Michigan led to record sports wagering at Detroit casinos.
- PlayIA, 10.14.20 – Meskwaki Casino Layoffs Highlight Need For Online Casino Games In Iowa
- As the Hawkeye State continues to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic, 100 more Iowans are temporarily out of work. According to casino officials, a round of layoffs at the Meskwaki Bingo Casino Hotel in Tama last week is the result of diminished revenues.
- The Action Network, 10.14.20 – New Mexico Online Sports Betting Proposal Faces Challenges
- New Mexico’s casino stakeholders are pushing a major gaming expansion that would allow online casino gaming and sports betting.