Overall Industry News:
- SBC, 10.15.21: SportsHandle: That was the week that was in US sports betting
- SportsHandle and friends deliver another round-up of the week’s big developments in US sports betting.
- Sports Handle, 10.14.21: G2E 2021 Review: ESPN’s Sports Betting Foray, Defensive M&A Deals Hot Topics At Expo
- Last week, thousands of gaming stakeholders visited Las Vegas for the Global Gaming Expo (G2E), which returned to Sin City after a one-year hiatus due to COVID-19.
Sports League News:
- Sports Illustrated, 10.14.21: Pro Golfers Welcome Legal Sports Betting, Even if They Don’t Peek at Their Odds
- Legal sports betting is experiencing a boom unlike any other time in history and Las Vegas, as always, is an epicenter.
- Norwich Bulletin, 10.15.21: Online Sports Betting Soft Launch Going Well, CT Agency Says
- The limited rollout of online wagering in Connecticut is “going well so far,” according to the state Department of Consumer Protection, which is on track to allow online gambling statewide beginning Oct. 19, barring any issues.
- Hartford Courant, 10.15.21: Connecticut Lottery Reports Smooth Start To Long-awaited Online Gambling. Yes, People Are Betting On Russian Table Tennis.
- Connecticut’s initial move into online gambling brought in more than $60,000 in bets the first two days and the new system, including financial transactions, worked well, Lottery officials said.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.14.21: CT Sports Betting Off To Smooth Start, Lottery President Says
- The soft launch of online CT sports betting appears to be going as well as possible for the Connecticut Lottery and Rush Street Interactive.
- Play MI, 10.14.21: Michigan Sports Betting Sets Monthly Record After $354.3 Million September Online Handle
- The NFL season brought Michigan sports betting in like a lion, and (mercifully) not like the Detroit Lions.
- WTVB, 10.14.21: Internet Gambling And Sports Betting Gross Receipts Soaring Upward In Michigan
- Internet gaming operators in Michigan are reporting a state record of $102.4 million in internet gaming gross receipts for September, up 5.3% from the previous record $97.2 million recorded in August.
- News Center 1, 10.15.21: Deadwood Sports Betting Indicators Look Positive
- In the first six weeks since sports betting began in Deadwood, the early indicators look positive.
- Saturday Tradition, 10.14.21: Maryland In-person Sports Betting Launch Further Delayed
- Maryland sports betting is yet again in a holding pattern.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.14.21: Is Florida Sports Betting At Hard Rock Really Starting Friday Or Not?
- The path to Florida sports betting has a few more twists in it yet.
- FOX 59, 10.14.21: Sports Betting On The Rise In Indiana, Data Shows
- State data shows sports betting is on the rise in Indiana
- Play IL, 10.14.21: Illinois Casinos Push To Eliminate In-Person Sports Betting Registration Requirement
- Eliminating the in-person requirement to register for online sports betting accounts could come up during the Illinois veto session beginning next week.
- Titusville Herald, 10.14.21: Tennessee Sports Betting Panel Picks Executive Director
- A panel that regulates sports betting in Tennessee has selected an executive director.