iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 10.15.19 – Golden Nugget Tops $15 Million In Another Record Month For NJ Online Gambling Revenue
- We’ve officially run out of superlatives to describe the relentless, unprecedented success of online gambling in New Jersey.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.19 – A Look At How Many People Are Gambling On Legal US Sports Betting Apps
- We know how much money people are betting; it’s a lot of betting in states like New Jersey. But we don’t know much about how many people are betting.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.16.19 – Google Expands Approved Gambling Advertising [subscription paywall]
- Technology giant Google has expanded the jurisdictions in which it allows gambling advertising, to include most of the US states with regulated sports betting.
- SBC Americas, 10.15.19 – AGA Research Reveals 49% Of Adults Hold Favorable View Of Casino Industry
- According to new research published by the American Gaming Association (AGA), the favorability of the casino and gaming industry among American adults has continued to grow, with 49% of those surveyed holding a favorable view of the sector.
- Financial Times, 10.15.19 – A Bet On America: The Sports Gambling Gold Rush
- Banned for decades, US betting is back and European gaming companies want a piece of the action.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.19 – FanDuel Cements Early NJ Sports Betting Edge As Handle Approaches $3 Billion
- Monthly NJ sports betting handle and revenue continue to deliver eye-popping numbers but do not yet challenge Nevada‘s best September.
- Associated Press, 10.15.19 – New Jersey Breaks Its Monthly Sports Betting Record
- Gamblers wagered a record-breaking $445 million on sports in New Jersey in September, the largest monthly total in the state since legal sports betting began in June 2018.
- NJ Online Gambling, 10.15.19 – New Jersey Sportsbooks Sail To New Handle Record, But Fall Short Of Half-A-Billion
- The advent of the 2019-20 NFL Season is high time for sports betting fans, and the New Jersey sports betting handle figures for September, released today by the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement, strongly reflect the fervor bettors have for wagering on football.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.16.19 – Former New Jersey Governor Blasts Illinois, Pennsylvania On Sports Betting [subscription paywall]
- As New Jersey released another impressive sports-betting revenue report on Tuesday, former Republican Governor Chris Christie delivered a scathing rebuke of the regulatory regimes of Illinois and Pennsylvania.
- Play Pennsylvania, 10.15.19 – Ex-Gov. Christie Rips PA Sports Betting Industry, Calls It ‘Rolling Dumpster Fire’
- Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie minced no words when discussing the Garden State’s neighbor and competitor in the sports betting space at the Global Gaming Expo on Tuesday.
- Chicago Sun-Times, 10.15.19 – Misdeal Or Pat Hand? Pritzker And Lightfoot Playing For High Stakes With Chicago Casino
- Political insiders say Gov. J.B. Pritzker was completely blindsided by Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s new proposal for a publicly-owned city and state Chicago casino and first read details of her plan in the newspaper.
- Lakewood Sentinel, 10.15.19 – Proposition DD Is A Good Bet For Colorado
- Proposition DD, the legalization and taxation of sports betting in Colorado, is the result of a May 2018 Supreme Court ruling that repealed the federal government ban on sports gambling. Since then, 11 states have legalized sports gambling.
- iGaming Business, 10.16.19 – Delaware Sports Betting Revenue Hits $2.2M In September
- Sports betting revenue in Delaware amounted to $2.2m (£1.7m/€2.0m) in September, which is the highest monthly total so far this year but down 31.5% on the same month in 2018.
- KCRG, 10.15.19 – Iowa Racing And Gaming Commission Reports September Sports Betting Revenue
- People spent more than $38 million on sports betting in Iowa in September, according to the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission. But only a small fraction of that benefits taxpayers.
- Willamette Week, 10.15.19 – Oregon Lottery Expects To Debut Online Sports Gambling Tomorrow
- After repeated delays, the Oregon Lottery says its first foray into online and app-based gaming will launch as soon as tomorrow, Oct. 16.
- Oregon Live, 10.15.19 – Oregon Lottery Website Crashes Days Before Expected Launch Of Sports Betting App
- The Oregon Lottery’s website crashed Tuesday, just days before the anticipated launch of the agency’s new sports betting app.
- KOIN, 10.15.19 – Chinook Winds Sports Betting Has Strong Early Start
- It might not be booming but betting on sports is good business at Chinook Winds.
- Washington State Wire, 10.15.19 – Morning Wire: Legislators On The Move, Sports Betting, Universal Health Care
- In a recent Washington State Gambling Commission meeting, representatives from the MLB and the Seattle Mariners set forth the terms they believe are essential for establishing a sports betting market that works for both leagues and regulators. Rep. Pettigrew plans to introduce another version of the bill in the upcoming session.
- Milwaukee Business Journal, 10.15.19 – Milwaukee Sports Team Owners, Execs Discuss Sports Betting, E-Sports And Crazy Promotions: Q&A [subscription paywall]
- During a Milwaukee Press Club event Monday at the Italian Community Center, Milwaukee sports team owners and executives answered various questions from members of the media about operations, players and the sports industry as a whole.
Sports League News:
- Sports Handle, 10.15.19 – FOX Bet Becomes An MLB Authorized Gaming Operator Days Before World Series
- FOX Bet announced a multi-year partnership on Tuesday with Major League Baseball under which the online and mobile betting platform will become an Authorized Gaming Operator of MLB.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.15.19 – The Biggest Threat To Sports Integrity Is Not Betting, But Bad Officiating
- For the past several decades, professional and amateur sports leagues in the United States have told Americans and policymakers that the biggest potential threat to the integrity of their competitions is sports betting.