iDEA Growth Member News
- From the Association for Financial Professionals: Trends in the Global Migration to Digital Payments
- The Covid-19 pandemic has clearly accelerated the global migration to digital payments. There is now unmistakable evidence of a gradual shift toward their adoption.
- iDEA member WorldPay is mentioned in this article.
- Conor Porter for SBC Americas: FanDuel Co-founders Lawsuit Vs Flutter Dismissed By New York Court
- A New York State appeal court has dismissed a case filed by former FanDuel Co-Founders and shareholders that challenged the terms of FanDuel’s sale to Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) in 2018.
- Marc Meltzer for PlayUSA.com: New Games And Casino Floor Trends From G2E
- The Global Gaming Expo (G2E) returned to Las Vegas. Attendance for the annual casino gaming and industry conference was almost back to normal, with nearly 25,000 in attendance at The Venetian Convention and Expo Center.
- Kris Johnson for CaliforniaCasinos.com: DraftKings Stock Price Tumbles as Prop 27 Appears Likely to Fail in CA
- DraftKings stock price tumbled this week after the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that the Prop 27 campaign pulled ad spending to support the sports betting initiative leading up to the Nov. 8 election.
- Steven Schult for PlayFL.com: Caesars-Owned Florida Casino Officially Rebrands To Harrah’s Pompano Beach In December
- The only Caesars-owned Florida casino will complete the first stage of its rebrand by the end of the year. The Isle Casino Pompano Park will officially be called Harrah’s Pompano Beach in December.
- Charlie Horner for SBC Americas: Bally’s Chicago Casino Reaches Project Labor Agreement With Trading Council
- Bally’s Corporation’s plans to open a flagship casino destination in Chicago has taken a step forward after it reached a multi-project labor agreement with the Chicago & Cook County Building & Construction Trades Council (CCBT).
- Hill Kerby for PlayMaryland.com: Maryland Sports Bettors Wager $31.4 Million In September
- The summer slumps are officially over for Maryland sportsbooks! September wagering accounted for the second-best handle in state history. In total, the state’s seven sports wagering facilities saw a combined $31.4 million in wagers.
- Drew Ellis for PlayMichigan.com: Why Recent Detroit Retail Casino Revenue Decline Is Not Proof Of Online Cannibalism
- If you’ve been paying attention to Detroit commercial casino revenue numbers in recent months, you’ve noticed that they are trending downward. While some will be quick to draw a correlation to iGaming, it’s not quite that simple. The reality is really much better for the gambling industry than some would like you to believe.
- John Holden for NJ Gambling Sites: Judge Agrees to Temporary Stay In PILOT Litigation Over Atlantic City Casino Payments
- It has been a busy week for litigation over New Jersey’s Payment In Lieu Of Taxes (PILOT) program. On October 11, Governor Pete Murphy’s office announced that the State intends to appeal an Atlantic County Superior Court ruling from late August. The ruling in question, from Judge Michael Blee, struck down changes the State had made to the calculations for Atlantic City casino owners.
- Hill Kerby for PAOnlineCasinos.com: Casino Employees’ Anti-Smoking Efforts Expand Into Pennsylvania
- Casino workers are speaking up about how they feel when it comes to indoor smoking at their workplace. Casino Employees Against Smoking Effects (CEASE), which started in New Jersey, announced Wednesday that it’s expanding with new chapters for Rhode Island and Pennsylvania casinos.
- Russ Mitchell for PlayVirginia.com: September 2022 Virginia Casino Revenue Holds Steady
- Bristol Casino — Future Home of Hard Rock turned in steady numbers for the month, according to the September 2022 Virginia casino revenue report released Friday. The Virginia Lottery tracks betting revenue and taxes for the state. The temporary casino in Bristol generated $14.3 million last month. The adjusted gross revenue total is nearly identical to August totals.