iDEA Growth Member News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.2.19 – FanDuel & Paddy Power Owner Buys Stars Group, Creating World’s Biggest Online Gambling Company
- Deals in the online gambling space don’t get much bigger than this one.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.2.19 – Breaking: Flutter To Merge With Stars In All-Share Deal [subscription paywall]
- UK gambling group Flutter Entertainment plans to merge with Nasdaq- and Toronto-listed The Stars Group (TSG) in an all-share deal that will create one of the world’s largest online betting and gaming operators, the company said this morning.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.1.19 – The Deals Don’t Stop For DraftKings: This Time, Pepsi
- DraftKings’ thirst for more deals doesn’t seem to end. The latest example: A partnership with Pepsi.
- Online Poker Report, 10.1.19 – Failure Of MPN Offers Lessons, Cautions For US Online Poker [PokerStars, GVC, 888]
- In a September 20 blog post on its website, Microgaming Poker Network (MPN) announced that it will shutter its operations in Q2 or Q3 next year.
- WSN, 10.2.19 – New Jersey’s August Sports Betting Handle Tops Nevada
- On the eve of the opening of football season, New Jersey once again topped Nevada in monthly sports betting handle, taking in $293.5 million in bets over the month of August.
- WSN, 10.1.19 – New Hampshire Begins Review Process Of Sports Betting Operators
- The New Hampshire Lottery has begun their review process of 13 candidates that want to run sports betting operations in the state.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.2.19 – Illinois Lawmaker May Revisit Lottery Pilot Program For Sports Betting [subscription paywall]
- The Illinois Lottery is poised to enter the sports-betting market with a four-year pilot program that could be altered significantly later this month by the state legislature.
- Crain’s Chicago Business, 10.1.19 – Chicago Teams Suggest A Rulebook For Sports Betting
- Chicago’s five major pro sports franchises want in on sports betting, and they’re letting state gambling officials know what they think of the potential ground rules.
- Sports Handle, 10.1.19 – Judge Extends Injunction Against D.C. In Sports Betting Case
- Tuesday morning, Dylan Carragher, a Washington, D.C. sports betting app developer got a small legal victory — about a week after a D.C. Superior Court judge issued a temporary restraining order against the Office of the Chief Financial Officer to keep it from making the first installment of a payment to vendor Intralot.
- WISHTV, 10.1.19 – Indiana Cashing In On Sports Betting
- If you can watch it, listen to it or find the score online, you can likely bet on it here in Indiana.
- WGBH, 10.2.19 – Here’s What Football Sunday Is Like In Rhode Island – Where Sports Betting Is Legal
- As Massachusetts lawmakers weigh whether to allow sports betting, another New England state has jumped in with two feet.
- Sports Talk Florida, 10.1.19 – Is Fantasy Sports Betting All That Florida’s Online Gambling Scene Will See?
- If you’re a wannabe gambler in the US state of Florida, you’ll likely be spending a lot of your time at the moment on fantasy sports betting games rather than real ones.