iDEA Growth Member News
- Charlie Horner for SBC Americas: Genius Sports broadens bet365 partnership in long-term extension
- Genius Sports has agreed to a long-term extension of its official data partnership with bet365, which sees the pair link-up on sports data content in the US as well as ‘next-generation’ betting products including the use of AI.
- Conor Porter for SBC Americas: PointsBet US drives Q1 FY23 group trading improvements
- PointsBet has posted its financial results for the first quarter of its fiscal year 2023 (Q3 2022), reporting improvements in group handle and net win year-over-year.
- Christopher Gerlacher for Gaming Today: Yahoo’s Sale Shows How Sports Betting Has Changed Sports Reporting
- In early May, Apollo Global Management bought Yahoo and AOL from Verizon for $5 billion. However, there’s one piece of this that’s interesting. Yahoo isn’t just a search engine or a news aggregator. It’s also built a strong sports betting reporting site.
- From VIXIO GamblingCompliance: The Regulatory Roadmap In Three Key Sports-Betting States
- Five things VIXIO GamblingCompliance learned from the senior regulators charged with overseeing the introduction of legal mobile sports wagering in Maryland, Massachusetts and Ohio.
- Hill Kerby for PlayFL.com: Seminole Tribe Gives Another $1 Million To DeSantis Campaign
- The Seminole Tribe continues to make it clear who they want to be the next governor of Florida. They want to keep Gov. Ron DeSantis in office during this election season.
- Bennett Conlin for SportsHandle: Maryland Lottery Publishes List Of Mobile Wagering Applicants
- The Maryland Lottery has published a list of sportsbook operators who applied for mobile wagering licenses in the state. A total of 10 applicants are listed on the website.
- Connor Grootenhuis for PlayMA.com: List Of Hopeful Massachusetts Sports Betting Operators Announced
- It’s been a busy week in the Massachusetts sports betting world. Monday was the deadline day for any potential Massachusetts sports betting provider to submit their initial scoping survey to the state. Now, the list of potential operators has been announced.
- Drew Ellis for PlayMichigan.com: Customer Success Led To September Revenue Dips At FireKeepers Online Casino, WynnBet Sportsbook
- September was a great month for online casinos and online sports betting in Michigan. Both industries put up big numbers in regard to casino revenue and sports betting handle. However, there were some interesting anomalies in the mix.
- Bill Gelman for PlayNJ.com: What Would Caesars Palace Casino In New York Mean For Atlantic City Casinos?
- The idea of three casinos eventually opening in downstate New York continues to take intriguing twists and turns. One of the latest came last week when Caesars Entertainment sent out a press release regarding a partnership with SL Green Realty Corp. to redevelop a Time Square site into “a premiere entertainment and gaming destination.”
- Gary Rotstein for PennBets.com: Caesars Shifts To Become Serious Competitor Among PA Sportsbooks
- The recently reformatted Caesars Sportsbook took barely $1 million in online/mobile bets in August and showed a handle of $17.5 million in September, according to the revenue report released last week by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. That was about seven times as much as its betting volume of $2.4 million in September 2021.