iDEA Growth in the News:
- Hartford Courant, 10.24.21: With An Explosion Of Sports Betting And Online Gambling, Connecticut Braces For A Potential Increase In Problem Gambling
- Online sports betting and casino gambling barreled into Connecticut this month, prompting worries about an explosive increase in already common problems blamed on gambling addiction: heavier personal debt, broken relationships and crime.
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Paysafe, 10.26.21: Playup Sportsbook Plugs Into Paysafe In US
- Paysafe, a leading specialized payments platform, today partnered with PlayUp, an online betting entertainment and technology group.
- SBC, 10.26.21: Jason Robins: Draftkings Will Not Make A Firm Offer For Entain ‘At This Time’
- DraftKings has issued a statement today confirming that it does not intend to acquire the UK-based global sports betting firm Entain at this time.
- IGB, 10.26.21: Pointsbet Appoints Former Facebook And Netflix Exec As CMO
- PointsBet has named Kyle Christensen as its new U.S. Chief Marketing Officer.
- Play NY, 10.25.21: DraftKings Sports Betting National Championship Returns In 2021, But Not For New York
- The Sports Betting National Championship is back at DraftKings this year with a $1 million top prize. For everyone’s sake, here’s hoping there’s no controversy this time around.
- Play NV, 10.25.21: With Plenty Of Nevada Ties Already In Place, Could DraftKings Be Interested In Las Vegas Casino?
- We’ve been tracking DraftKings ventures in Las Vegas since before it even operated a sportsbook.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.21: How Can New GM Help FanDuel Canada Sports Betting Effort?
- Sportsbook operators continue to position themselves for Canada sports betting market share.
- Online Poker Report, 10.25.21: Major US Online Gambling Operators Prepare Their Canadian Strategy As Ontario Launch Approaches (mentions FanDuel, PointsBet, DraftKings)
- Online gambling and sports betting operators are expanding their presence in Canada.
Overall Industry News:
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.21: The Week In Sports Betting News: Where Does New York Stand?
- Happy Monday, everyone – especially to those companies involved in the biggest sports betting news of the year with a deadline today.
- Sports Handle, 10.25.21: New York Mobile Betting Amended Bid Deadline: 3 Storylines To Watch
- Over the weekend New York Gov. Kathy Hochul celebrated her second full month in office, as the state’s first female governor continues to build support for her 2022 election campaign.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.25.21: CT Sports Betting Enjoys New York Bump But For How Long?
- If New York regulators needed another reason to open up the state’s online sports betting market, Connecticut has given them one.
- Hartford Courant, 10.25.21: Connecticut Lottery Corp. Launches First Retail Sports Betting Site. Another 14 Gambling Locations Are Planned.
- Connecticut on Monday continued a dramatic expansion in gambling with the launch of the state’s first retail sports betting site in New Haven.
- Sports Handle, 10.25.21: South Dakota Rings Up $443,365 In September Sports Betting Handle
- Somewhere, Al Swearengen would have smiled at seeing the operator profits from NFL wagering in Deadwood — and let fly with his customary string of expletives over giving some of it back in college football plays.
- The Denver Gazette, 10.25.21: Hogan Pressures Review Commission To Speed Up Maryland Sports Betting Process
- The National Football League is entering its seventh week of play, and it’s still uncertain if Maryland residents will be able to bet in person on games before the 18-week season ends in January.
- FOX 35, 10.25.21: Push To Get Sports Betting On 2022 Ballot Would Challenge Seminole Tribe
- Sports betting in the state of Florida has been legal for 10 days, but not a single bet has been placed.