LEAD1 Virtual Summit:
The LEAD1 Virtual Summit is today! Moderated by Jeff Ifrah, “A Whole New Ballgame: Implications of Legalized Sports Betting for College Athletics,” will debate the surrounding issues with respect to legalized sports gambling including the current legislative landscape, ancillary regulatory issues, mobile betting, sports betting partnerships on campuses, the evolution of professional sports leagues on the issue, the impact of COVID-19, and more. Join us now!
iDEA Growth Member News:
- Online Poker Report, 10.26.20 – Unibet And Philadelphia Eagles Reveal First US Online Casino Games Featuring Pro Sports Branding
- Pennsylvanians will be trying not to exceed 21 when they play the new Eagles-themed blackjack game at Unibet PA. It’s one of two games coming to the PA online casino using the Eagles’ brand, alongside a new slots title.
- PlayPennsylvania, 10.26.20 – Unibet Teams Up With Eagles, Launches First Pro Sports-Themed Casino Games
- There are more places than the football field to find the Philadelphia Eagles. The Iggles are now at the Blackjack table and slot machine.
- SBC Americas, 10.27.20 – Sportradar Launches Insights To Deliver Real-Time Data Intelligence At Scale
- Sports betting solutions provider Sportradar, has launched Insights, a proprietary product built on top of its sports database.
- Sports Handle, 10.26.20 – What’s On Tap: The Week Ahead In Sports Betting: World Series, G2E, And Penn National Earnings
- The What’s On Tap,” series previews the week ahead in the world of sports betting. Come here for a summary of upcoming financial happenings, legislative and regulatory meetings, industry conferences, top games scheduled for the week, and much more.
- Sports Handle, 10.26.20 – Return Of Big Ten Football Provides Bump To Sportsbooks
- The field has widened for sports betting options in college football, as the Big Ten kicked off its belated league-only schedule Friday night, and sportsbooks were more than happy to receive the increased action.
Overall Industry News:
- ESPN, 10.27.20 – Betting Battleground: The Fight Over Where People Bet In The Future
- A battle to be the place to watch and bet on sports is raging around the country, and the Las Vegas casino owner sitting on his corner barstool chuckling like Norm Peterson from “Cheers” is very much in the fight.
- CNN, 10.27.20 – Investors Are Getting Another Chance To Tap Into The Sports Betting Craze
- Investors may soon have another way to back the fast growing sports betting market in the United States.
- Gambling Compliance, 10.27.20 – SPACs Circling US Online Gambling Market (subscription paywall)
- Rush Street Interactive and Genius Sports are set to follow DraftKings in going public via a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), with further SPACs on the hunt for gaming acquisitions.
- WTOP, 10.27.20 – Betting On The Future: A Question Of Competition In DC
- Betting has been legalized in D.C.; voters in Maryland are in the process of deciding the question, and gaming companies are putting in their applications in Virginia. But will it work? And how? And for whom?
- Legal Sports Report, 10.26.20 – Maryland Sports Betting Ballot Question: What You Should Know Before You Vote
- Maryland is one of three states that will vote on whether or not to allow sports betting in the 2020 election.
- TN Bets, 10.26.20 – Tennessee Lottery Releases Updated List Of Sports Wagering Vendors
- The state of Tennessee is expected to launch sports betting later this week or over the weekend, and in anticipation of that launch the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation has updated its public-facing list of firms slated to serve as vendors for the industry.
- WTVF, 10.26.20 – Four Companies Approved For Tennessee Sports Betting Launch
- Four companies have been approved to start sportsbook style online betting in Tennessee within a week.
- PlayMichigan, 10.26.20 – Michigan Regulators Hope To Push Online Gambling Rules Over Legislative Hurdle
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board will request the state Legislature make another step toward an online gambling launch.
- PlayMichigan, 10.26.20 – New Tribal Casino In Muskegon County Moves Closer To Reality
- The number of tribal casinos in Michigan is closer to being an even two dozen. A federal agency completed an important procedure vital to a Muskegon County casino project by the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians.
- PlayIndiana, 10.26.20 – William Hill Doubles Up With Indiana Online Sportsbook Launch, Colts Partnership
- While William Hill has been operating in Indiana on a brick-and-mortar basis for quite some time, the lack of an online wagering presence has hampered its ability to compete for market share. This will soon change with the upcoming launch of William Hill online sportsbook.
- Legal Sports Report, 10.26.20 – Barstool Sportsbook Launches Next Week In Colorado But There’s A Catch
- Not so fast, Stoolies: the Barstool Sportsbook app won’t be available for sports betting in Colorado next week, or likely even this year.
- CBS Denver, 10.26.20 – Despite Millions On The Line, Sports Betting In Colorado Is Collecting Less State Revenue Than You’d Think
- Despite the pandemic’s hit on the sports industry, sports betting participation is exceeding expectations in its infancy in Colorado. But even with millions on the line, you might be surprised to learn how little the state is actually making from the new revenue source.
- Wyoming Public Media, 10.26.20 – Northern Arapaho Tribe To Introduce Sports Betting To Wyoming
- The Northern Arapaho Tribe has plans to launch a sports betting operation on the Wind River Reservation in the coming months. Tribal leaders hope the addition will help the tribe’s three casinos recover from months of closure and revenue loss amidst the pandemic.