- Steve Friess for PlayUSA.com: Betting On Red: Casino Execs, Workers Give $15 Million To GOP Candidates
- From the executive suites to the slot floor, casino industry employees have given significantly more money directly to Republican candidates and organizations than to Democrats during the soon-to-end 2021-22 election cycle, according to a PlayUSA analysis of more than 100,000 federal campaign records.
- Matthew Waters for LegalSportsReport.com: Business By The Books: Rubin, Fanatics Set Stage For Sports Betting Launch
- Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin last week finished the sale of his 10% stake in Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, a key step for his sports betting business.
- Conor Porter for SBCAmericas.com: Betr links with US Integrity to monitor wagering activity
- US Integrity has agreed to a comprehensive partnership with Betr ahead of the microbetting operator’s launch in the state of Ohio. Under the terms of the deal, US Integrity will provide Betr with integrity monitoring services via its proprietary dashboard, conducting analysis of data sets to identify irregularities in contest-level, officiating, and wagering patterns.
- Cody Kutzer for ArizonaCasinos.com: Arizona Sports Betting Revenue Sees 24% Increase in August 2022
- The latest Arizona Department of Gaming sports betting revenue report is in, giving us a complete look at the first year of legal wagering in the Grand Canyon State. The August 2022 report also lays the foundation for an even bigger second year, as the total amount of wagers placed increased by 24% over last month’s numbers.
- Matthew Kredell for PlayCA.com: Gov. Newsom Speaks Out Against California Online Sports Betting Prop 27
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom finally took an official position on online sports betting Prop 27, saying Wednesday that he opposes the measure. Politico broke the news of Newsom announcing his formal opposition and framed it as the last nail in the coffin for Prop 27. Newsom only took his stance after seeing that most of the state opposes the measure. The most recent independent polling has only 27% of Californian voters supporting Prop 27.
- Drew Ellis for PlayMichigan.com: Detroit Retail Casinos Each Received $5 Million In Growing MI Business COVID Relief Program
- The Michigan Department of Treasury released a report last month on the Growing MI Business Grant Program. The program was designed to help businesses impacted by COVID-related shutdowns during the pandemic. It was paid for with money from the American Rescue Plan Act.
- Hochul Doubles Down On Downstate Casino Plans Amid Times Square Opposition
- Less than a week after Caesars Entertainment unveiled plans for a proposed Times Square casino project in New York, Gov. Kathy Hochul reiterated her support for comprehensive downstate casino expansion at Tuesday’s gubernatorial debate.
- Chris Imperiale for PlayPennsylvania.com: PA Casinos Dealing With Record Numbers of Unattended Children Left In Cars
- While some measures have been taken to prevent the problem of kids being left behind in cars at casinos, it’s clear this is still a massive issue for Pennsylvania casinos. At the latest meeting conducted by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB), eight different individuals were placed on the state’s Involuntary Exclusion List after leaving a total of 16 children behind in cars when going to gamble.